lvl 85 and got eaten up...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Phiyre, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Phiyre Augur

I talked to franklin teek and went to the zone he suggested for lvl 85. Lvl 85 sham and druid paired w/ a tank merc/melee dps merc. Pulled a dark blue con, the thing killed the tank merc in 2 rounds. Killed buffed sham pet in one round. Killed me, 85 heroic sham in a round.. lol. Is there some trick or what is a good zone that one can easily xp in w/ mercs if there is such a thing. Does everything hit like trucks? Try to spam heal and sneak in a slow or something? Only had one of em and it was tough.
    The Foundation was the zone we were in.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

I recommend just staying away from that whole mess. Your better off going to Dead Hills and running Gribble tasks, its a bit boring, but the xp reward upon final hail is worth it. They scale to your level, and I get around 12-15% of a level for about 20-30 mins work, just leave the namers alone till 96ish.
  3. HatemachineTest New Member

Found your issue. The mobs in that expansion (Underfoot) are notorious for having a tougher scaling for their level than normal mobs.

I'd recommend Dead Hills tasks (adjust to level), gyrospire beza (mobs 79-83 robots and humanodis), kaesora library (mobs 81-84ish humanoids), or the grounds (mobs 85-92 undead and animals, but usually decent crowd in zone) in that order from best to hardest, depending on your group strength.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. karmalious Lorekeeper

Also, if you did not know there are different "levels" of mercenaries.
    On a completely free account, max is apprentice I <------ this may need to be verified
    On a Silver account, max is apprentice iV
    On a gold/ All access account, max is Journeyman 5 ( but you need to quest it )

You only need to do Invasion of Earth found here:
    Zone to complete task = Korascian Warrens
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:progression_through_seeds_of_destruction

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. karmalious Lorekeeper

Wow, Never seen this before. Thanks!
  7. Phiyre Augur

TY all so much for the replies. Tons of help here. I am all access at least for a month so will look into the higher merc. Account was silver before doing all access so have a decent merc I thought. Thanks again :D
  8. Gundolin Augur

Molo I think you are better off doing the Teak's Daily for five levels below your level. So if you are level 85 grab the 80. The 85 is good too, but you will probably want to group for it at level 85.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

85s muoing; I would suggest Lower floors in HoT, the Grounds in HoT, anything in SoD, and maybe Argath or Valley.

If you are 85 or above, the task that Catpaw suggested is the way to go. If you are 75-84 however, then the way you suggested is the only option available.