Lvl 77 Paladin, where to lvl?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Traturn, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Traturn New Member

I haven't played much since the Omens of War expansion and my roommate helped get me leveled to where I am now. My question is, where should I be solo'ing at? I have 650aa's and max slay undead. I'd like to hit 80 and then do more AA's but it seems like regular exp isn't moving at all anymore :(

Is swarm killing an option yet? I've out leveled the Hole sadly.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

I did Arcstone -> Direwind Cliffs -> Illsalin.

Get used to regular exp not moving anymore.
  3. Traturn New Member

I have found that I get completely destroyed in Direwind, they hit too hard.
  4. Yther Augur

I was going to suggest possibly using a merc in Loping Plains, but if you think Direwind is too hard, the undead in LP will be too. You could probably molo the live stuff like worgs or goblins though. With some more AAs and a few levels though, you should be able to at least molo the undead in LP.

Arcstone seems to be a favorite for the early 70s. Might look at Almar's guide at http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/ and even the Wall of Slaughter murkgliders seemed like descent AA to 75 as a Ranger. Should be quicker kills with Slay Undead.

Just a few ideas.

Yther Ore.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

I preferred Direwind undead at that level. I gave up on WoS murks because I could kill the entire spawn in about 8 minutes, which made LoTD problematical. I'd suggest trying WoS (make sure you get the right cave of murks), and also the undead in Arcstone, although I found them too slow for me as well.

Illsalin (zombies) was still too tough for me, although I could handle the spiders ok.
  6. moogs Augur

I would suggest working on DON progression. You should be able to fly through that and pick up some more AAs along the way. Riftseeker's Sanctum is another one you could try. Or a step down, Muramite Proving Grounds. And of course, Fenden Helter and the farm tasks in Dragonscale Hills.

Is there any chance someone high level can help you get your J5 mercenary? That should be a big help.
  7. Traturn New Member

Ok I have picked up a few AA and I am able to solo in Direwind w/ my Cleric Merc. So I just stay here and grind until 80-82? Then go for Spiders in illsalin? I only have J1 Merc btw
  8. Traturn New Member

Getting about 8-10% an hour exp with 100% going to Normal exp...is that worth while?
  9. moogs Augur

Are you in the undead areas in Direwind? That's not the best XP rate but at least it's moving...you can either find a group or keep your nose to the grindstone and tough it out. Up to you.

Once you get to 80 and regear with Dream Motes, you'll see a massive boost in your stats. At 81, your cleric mercenary will see a decent boost too.

Which server are you on? Maybe someone will be able to join you.
  10. Traturn New Member

Yes, I am only killing undead. I am on the Xegony server. I have yet to be in a group on this character. I am really looking forward to 80/81. Just looks like it will take about 25-30 more hours /played to get there :(
  11. moogs Augur

Try running around in one of those zones and looking for some players. More often than not, their group has a spot or two waiting to be filled if you just walk up and ask to join. It will help make the time pass, and it might even go by a little faster.
  12. Retro Elder

ilsalin should be where its at(clear entire spider tower then levi over and clear arena stands/ back area) and when spiders all turn green(should be 85ish?), you get some dream mote gear and head to hills of shade till like ... 90 then get some rof t1 gear and level a free account cleric box for shining armor. Then do blood moon keep instances till 95. Then never leave 95 cuz it goes downhill from there. You shouldnt need a cleric merc but =(. Should start working on doing multiple mobs at once so your ripost damage helps ya. 2 then 3... then 5 10 etc.

If you have trouble getting money(for dream motes/hot gear visibles) you can try clearing acrylia caverns and looting all the weapons / runes there. Its not amazing but its something. orrr sell a krono =P
  13. Traturn New Member

I have max combat stability/agility for my level, max double riposte, Durability, Slay, etc...Basically cast undead nuke when its up (Benediction at this level) and keep Ward of Tunare up? That's what I have been doing, while throwing in a 10 sec stun when able.

I hope there isn't some secret I have been missing out on!
  14. Dre. Altoholic

I'd ensure you're putting maximum swings on target, positioning mobs within the riposte arc, max swing AA's and as close to 200% haste as you can be at all times.
  15. Traturn New Member

It seems the spiders and direwind are about same exp at my level, but the spiders hit so fast and summon plus are immune to stun...they hurt