Lvl 50 Content Capacity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EqEqEq, May 8, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

I understand why they don't want to instance raids on lvl 50 zones, but the alternative of only having dungeon content for what 100 people is bad design. How many people does DGB expect to compete over raid and zone content at 50? They are basically making a server for a couple guilds to enjoy and everyone else get scraps. I personally don't care if another instance of Solb spawns with a Naggy; if people want to game the instances for more loot go for it.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  2. Diemond Augur

I don't understand it since the previous two runs of TLP has shown how much drama and headache they asking for because they won't do it. But that's their decision.
  3. Behee Augur

Lots of zones don't have raid mobs. It would be great if they would instance them, or even charge us (ie via the store) to buy an instance of a zone by guild.
  4. Banai Augur

Yea that's what we all feel. They really don't even have to game the instances. Have the raid bosses spawn in each of say 3 instances of the zone. So what, 3 guilds get a kill. It would stop a lot of the toxic behavior end game at the least
  5. Diemond Augur

It was bad on both servers each time they did it, now they are only making one server? It's just going to be twice as bad now.
  6. Behee Augur

Hmm yeah. That would be good. Maybe even instances of the raid zones without the raid mobs for people just playing solo/group content.
  7. Diemond Augur

Agree instance is the one and only way to fix any of the problems they are about to have. The only way.
  8. Flandersian Augur

Feel that awesome gameplay experience, baby!

6 more months! 6 more months!
    ZamaX likes this.
  9. Diemond Augur

I predict that if classic actually goes for 6 months at least half of the population will be gone before Kunark unlocks. :)
    Indrigoth and Flandersian like this.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

You understand it? Please explain it to the rest of us because I can assure you we don't!

The reasoning of "its not classic" doesn't work when almost everything else is already "not classic" is just ignorant and self defeating.
  11. Diemond Augur

I translated "it's not classic" to, we don't want to bother with it, then it made sense.
    Irbax_Smoo, Deadlyne and Behee like this.
  12. Potsos76 Augur

I have to agree. The explanation that "people want that classic experience of being completely blocked from raid content" is pretty... well, I don't think I need to explain why this is ridiculous.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  13. Darth Augur

I see a few new names here posting about the endgame issue that's going to happen.

I just want to know one thing?

Where were you a month ago, when less than a dozen of us were spear heading the movement to make sure this didn't happen? When we fought tooth and nail against ignorance and naivety to get us voting options for fast tracking Kunark, starting with an expansion or two already released and multiple other things that could have, would have, and should have alleviated end game congestion?

You're late to the party, it's been decided.
    Irbax_Smoo and jagarr like this.
  14. Progress Augur

There just isn't enough content when you can have 1 mage soloing at Frenzy and boxing another solo mage at AM.
  15. Banai Augur

I just learned about this a week ago or I would have been right there with you. Sorry I haven't kept up with EQ in years :(
    Indrigoth and Deadlyne like this.
  16. Diemond Augur

Seeing how I didn't think there would even be a TLP 3.0 with EQNext coming, I only learned there was going to be one because I got curious about what was happening with EQNext with DB taking over Sony and the links lead me to these forums in the funny way links take people places.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

This. Daybreak has decided on the players' behalf that the tradeoff of huge headaches for some small extra boost in Classicity is worth it, and some of you weren't here fighting against that. The die is now cast.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

I've been here with u the whole time!! Got a slap or two on the wrists for several comments about this same issue when we were begging to be able to vote on instancing!
    I can not wait to hit the "I told you so" button when the devs have to sack up and admit they were... hrmmm ... shortsighted.
    Indrigoth and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  19. rastafarii New Member

I plan to take my time and even if I run out of stuff to do I'll just roll and alt or jump back on the live servers for a bit. I don't ever remember anyone leaving permanently on either of the past two servers because things went too slow. I remember a lot of people leaving when things went too fast, especially when Luclin and Planes opened.

I also don't think the total pool of players who will come back is anywhere near what it was four or eight years ago. We'll have a strong population, but not as huge as some seem to think.
  20. Trosh Augur

It'll go one of two ways. Either they will refuse to do anything about it and the forums and chat channels will be lit on fire by angry frustrated people, probably with bans and lots of drama. Or they will finish programming instanced raids and everything will suddenly be pretty smooth. It won't get bad 'till a few months in either way, but it will get bad if they don't do anything.

The way I interpreted the responses about instanced raiding were thus: "we won't have enough time to complete it, so it won't be ready by server launch" then when asked a billion times for clarification; "No there won't be instanced raiding, really really!"

That doesn't mean there won't EVER be, it just means that the way it is launching there wasn't enough time to do it, and so they didn't try. They did say they will listen to feedback however, so keep asking and you might get something to change.

You didn't need to be here a month ago to voice your opinion that it will suck without something being done for raiding, you still have a voice now!

Also, you can right-click and copy the image URL for my signature and add it to yours. Every time you post it'll show up then :)