Luclin Issues Round 2

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Jaera Augur

Please do not let this thread devolve into the insanity of the last. There are still some issues with the Luclin instances that would be nice to have Prathun or other developers look at, and arguing about irrelevant-to-the-topic things hurts all of us.

That said, I poked around the Luclin instances this weekend:
    1. The Agent of Change for Sanctus Seru was moved from Dawnshroud Peaks to just outside Arx Seru. Just noting it for those who follow behind and may be curious where the fish man went.

2. The Itraer Vius double spawned in my Akheva Ruins instance, one on top of the other. Will check back next weekend to see if this is a consistent problem.

3. After defeating the Emperor (all of his guards were dead before I killed him as well) in the Ssraeshza Temple instance, the Shissar Wraiths that drop Planes Rift necessary to complete the Key to Vex Thal did not spawn.

4. Neither the Emperor nor the High Priest dropped their NPC-specific spell (Garrison's Superior Sundering from the Emperor, Marzin's Mark from the High Priest), is this normal

5. The location of the Agent of Change for Ssraeshza Temple is just outside of the temple, up a hill from the zone in. This is a train-fiesta location and might be frustrating for players. Suggest moving it to somewhere like the south-east corner, where it won't be trivial to reach but won't cause as much ridiculousness with stuff being on top of the AoC from people just going to Ssra normally, especially since some of the trap mobs appear to not move when they drop agro.

6. The Agent of Change for Grieg's End moved from Dawnshroud Peaks to Scarlet Desert.

7. There was no AoC present in Maiden's Eye or Umbral Plains for an Umbral Plains instance, is this intended? I realize that Zelniak, Rumblecrush, and Doomshade are not really high end targets, mostly just curious.
  2. MabbuPhinny Augur

Here is the only thing anyone needs to pay attention to in this entire post...

3. Religious Elder

Currently, the Umbral Plains AoC is located INSIDE Vex Thal, while the AoC for Vex Thal is located in Umbral Plains. I imagine this to be unintentional. As it stands, it makes little sense as to why they would remain as they are. The AoC located in Maiden's Eye is used in creating the Akheva Ruins instance.
  4. Heartland Augur

And the trash is not respawning in Vex Thal - please fix so that it does (and fix Ssra to make sure it does too)
  5. MabbuPhinny Augur

Trash in VT is respawning. If you are not actually testing the content you should stop talking.
  6. fransisco Augur

How is this a problem? Griegs End has a zone line with scarlet desert.
  7. That One Guy Augur

I was actually going to post a joke response before this and say it's probably in Vex Thal... but I thought there was no way they would be that...

...yeah...
  8. Ryak Augur

1. Blessed Coldain prayer shawl quest is vulnerable to being stolen
    The issue is that since there will not be an instance for the 8th coldain shawl quest (a.k.a. the shawl crawl) There is nothing preventing an unscrupulous player from sitting at the campfire where the Avatar of Below will spawn as soon as the event is finished and quickly turn in his own shawl, stealing the reward from the people who actually put the effort into the quest.

We already know from previous experience with the Coldain ring quests that this WILL HAPPEN and it WILL BE A CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHTMARE for Daybreak unless the issue is addressed before the Luclin release.

Solution: Add a head drop from Commander Vorik (the leader of the last wave of giants) and require the turnin of the head and the shawl to The Avatar of Below.
    Obviously, someone could still try to DPS race and steal the Commander Vorik, but at least this is something that a guild could prepare for and would require an unpractical coordinated effort of an entire raid force to steal the reward instead of allowing a lone individual to steal the reward as it currently stands.
  9. Ryak Augur

• VT instance respawns
    It would be very strange if after 3 expansions in a row of instances where none of the instances featured respawns to start having respawns at this point. A convention has been clearly established and it is much more likely that this is a mistake breaking from a convention of 30+ instances in a row rather than an intentional decision.

I do not want to see anybody arguing about their personal opinion on whether respawns were intended. It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what daybreak thinks. Unless they post saying the respawns are intentional, it has to be assumed that the established pattern for the entire life of the server is the intended behavior.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Really? This has to be assumed? Why? They can do whatever they want and owe you no explanation.
  11. Jaera Augur

Wasn't a problem, more of an observation like the Seru one moving.
  12. Trevalon Augur

Up till this point all instances have not had respawns, thats 3 expansions and something like 40 different instanced zones.

It is very safe to ASSUME that mobs should not be respawning in the instances - now if that is going to be changed then fine but then they need to say that is what they intend or else most everyone is going to assume its bugged and keep reporting it as bugs.
  13. Jaera Augur

Hey Prathun and/or other Developers,

I know you guys just pushed a big patch today and are probably on the watch for live issues, but any chance we could get even a simple 'have read' reply? Would be nice to know if a couple of these problems, particularly the Shissar Wraiths not spawning, have at least been acknowledged, especially since there should only be one more big patch before Luclin is available to TLP servers.

To everyone else arguing about respawn, there is nothing to assume and let's please keep the thread clear of arguments. If someone believes that the respawning or not respawning is in error, should be fine to mention it and the Devs can take it as they will.

Thanks!
  14. AgentofChange Augur

The last time he did that he got trolled out of existence by a bunch of people complaining about irrelevant things like the xp rate. When he asked to kindly stay on the topic of Luclin they kept pushing the issue, so he's probably just going to observe from a distance.

Since we can't have reasonable discussions on the forums its safe to say we'll just have to live with a ton of bugs and issues on the Luclin release and they will slowly get fixed after the release.
  15. Jaera Augur

I'm well aware this is likely how it's going to play out, but he/they could also just send me a quick PM to say 'We saw thread' or something if they wanted to keep it quiet but acknowledge as well.
  16. Ryak Augur

IMO, the fact that people couldn't stay on topic on the original post is shameful. Luclin's rollout is likely to be noticeably worse because of them.

I commend Jaera for at least attempting to mitigate the damage, but i'm afraid it might be getting close to the point where it is just too late to get these issues fixed before it goes live.
  17. taliefer Augur

eh. the whole reason velious was extended was so they could get these AoCs right, and they cant be bothered to moderate a thread dedicated to that ? seems lazy

is the umbral plains AoC still inside Vex Thal? cause thats pretty awesome
  18. Religious Elder

Ssraeshza Temple

-In regards to the Cursed Cycle, only Rhozth Ssravitzh could be found n my instance of Ssraeshza. Given that Rhozth Ssrakezh was absent, the Cursed Cycle could not be completed.

-I can confirm that "A Shissar Wraith" are not spawning as they should upon the death of Emperor Ssraeshza. (This problem is exclusive to the instance)

-All other mobs including Arch Lich spawned as one would hope.

Umbral Plains

-Doomshade failed to spawn upon the death of the 4 Dark Masters. (I gave Doomshades potential spawn a generous amount of time)
  19. Religious Elder

I can confirm this is still the case as of 8/18/2016
  20. Ryak Augur

At the risk of stating the obvious, requiring a VT key to kill targets in UP doesn't make any sense. It would be like requiring a VP key to kill trakanon instead of the other way around.