LS stun proc weapons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Before I make a bug report...

The stun proc on LS weapons is Stunning Snap, which has a max level of 120. Shouldn't it have been increased to 125?

Going back and taking a look at the stun proc weapons in previous expansions, the TBL proc was Stunning Clout, which affected mobs up to 115 and TBL was a 110 expansion.

In ToV, a 115 expansion, the proc was changed to Stunning Snap, which affects creatures up to 120...and that's been the stun proc on all weapons from ToV through NoS.

It seems like it's time to have a new stun proc with a 125 (or would it be 130) level cap.

Or am I reading something wrong?
  2. Alnitak Augur

You are correct. The proc has a Max limit for spell's slot 2 SPA 21 at 120. It is not scalable for that spell, so they need to make a new spell with max limit 130.
    Alternatively they can adjust Slot 2 calculation from 100 to 10 and this spell will decay it's "effectiveness" at 10% per level and stop at 130 (i.e. Stun duration would last 1 sec up to lvl 120 targets and reduce to 0.1 sec at 130)

Whatever they do 120 max level is wrong.
    fransisco, Silvena and Velisaris_MS like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, something definitely needs to be changed because as it is, the LS weapons can't even stun mobs in LS content. I suspect this was a cut & paste victim with the cutter and paster not knowing what the proc does.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  4. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I noticed this too, I have always been a fan of lifetap weapons because I like a balance of healing and dmg but I did use the stunning weapons for a while and there is a problem with them because I noticed while playing LS it never gave anything but this mob is immune to this stun message. The only place where you really need a stun weapon is the pal mission but it won't work for that. It just gets annoying because you can't filter the message or it hides ones you want to see so you have to deal with the spam which is bad.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

bug it!
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I did. :D