Confirmed LS stun proc weapons - incorrect stun level

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Velisaris_MS, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

The stun proc weapons in Laurion's Song are still using Stunning Snap, which is capped at 120. Which means LS weapons can't even stun LS mobs.

The cap on Stunning Snap either needs to be changed to 130 or a new proc with the new cap needs to be put in place.

TBL was a 110 expansion and the stun proc was capped at 115.
    ToV (115) through NoS (120) all use Stunning Snap.

LS should have raised the cap. Most likely it was a cut & paste victim and nobody bothered to confirm the spell data.
    Beco, Vekaras, NyteShayd and 8 others like this.
  2. Oberan Elder

I can only stun up to 125 as a cleric with my spells, Paladins I believe can stun up to 130 (as its basically a class feature to be able to stun mobs up to that level)

Maybe up the stun cap to level 125 but in no way should it be 130.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

When they put Stunning Snap in the game (ToV), the max level was only 115...but the cap on it was 120. So, that proc was good for 4 expansions: ToV and CoV at 115, and then ToL and NoS at 120.

Based on that pattern, the level cap now should be 130. That would make it viable for LS and the next expansion, then the next level increase expansion (to 130) and the one after that.

I'm just posting the pattern they've already established...I wasn't looking at spells other than the proc.
    Barton-Vox, Yinla and Silvena like this.
  4. Amex111 Journeyman

5. Oberan Elder

Maybe the devs decided that stunning mobs above level was a bug or design mistake (much like on Phinigel during HoT you could finishing blow yellow mobs) and decided to change it going forward.

My opinion is backed up by the fact they had a cap of 120 during the last 2 expansions which is the current trend of only capping to max character level

I hence deduce your opinion is incorrect as that is not the current trend for the spell.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Max level for ToV and CoV was only 115, but the cap on Stunning Snap was 120...which is what I've already stated.

The stun cap should be good for 4 expansion cycles, which means it's time to raise it to 130. Why? BECAUSE THAT IS THE PATTERN THEY HAVE SET.
  7. Oberan Elder

Unless your going to claim to be a dev (which is against forum rules btw) then your opinion is as good as mine on what should be intended.

As for pattern you have yet to link a post that says that is their intention for the pattern.. If your going to claim its their intent then back it up with evidence.

It's my opinion (which is just as valid as yours) that I do agree its time for a 125 cap but not 130
    fransisco likes this.
  8. Amex111 Journeyman

9. Amex111 Journeyman

10. Oberan Elder

Yet the fact that you think the cap should be raised to 130 is your opinion.

Also, "Dev's please fix this" is improper grammar as there should be no apostrophe.
  11. Amex111 Journeyman

12. Oberan Elder

Yes we do play the same game here. But your attack at saying my opinion doesn't matter because it doesn't align with yours doesn't make you right. It actually makes you look very closed-minded. Sure there might have been a pattern before (that ended 3 expansions ago)

Until I see an actual dev post or quote (which you lack) everything you or I say are our opinions. These forums are for us to communicate with the developers and share our opinions. Your insults don't help. (it might help you to look at section 3 of the forum rules about personal attacks and insulting others)
  13. Angahran Augur

Just a quick comment, The LS mission that requires you to stun the final named,
    Captain Kar the Unmovable.

That mob is level 129.

It seems ridiculous that weapons with stun procs dropping in LS would not be able to stun the mob that requires stunning!
    Beco, Silvena, CrazyLarth and 2 others like this.
  14. fransisco Augur

I think it makes it interesting. It requires adding in specific classes instead of using the standard melee bot group
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, on that particular mob, when the mission first went live, you had to use a stun that used mana and it didn't matter what level the spell was. You could load up your level 1 stun spell and use that.

But, they've jacked with it a couple times and now I think you can use anything that stuns, mana or otherwise. I could be wrong about that though. I think stun bashing works...I'm not paying that much attention anymore.
  16. Gialana Augur

I don't know if the level of the stun matters. I don't think the stun has any effect other than unlocking his hit points. In any event, when that NPC locks hit points, he actually becomes a light blue (to a level 125 character) con.

Even though I point this out, I still think it would make sense to increase the level limit of a new stunning proc to level 130 to make it last the next 3 expansions.
  17. fransisco Augur

That would make the weapons better at stunning than the classes with stun spells. Hard No.
  18. Angahran Augur

So give the classes that can stun better spells to keep them ahead of the procs.
  19. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

It means the Stun proc weapons from this expansion (even the raid weapons) cannot stun mobs that are required to stun (Captain Kar in Final Fugue) on the raid when its clearly intended. (He drops level when he needs to be stunned specifically to allow it.

And it isnt a mana-cost thing, because Ethersmash (off the lvl 100(and easily tradeskilled) Entwined Hammer) still is effective on Captain Kar both in the instance and the Raid. On the other hand, Captain Kar in the instance (who drops below 121) is stunnable with weapons from from previous expansions and the current.
  20. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

During the Shield phase (when he needs to be stunned) his level drops -- in the group mission to something like 119, in the Raid, to like 124) -- he's immune to stun the rest of the time.

Ethersmash (off of the Entwined Hammer) has no stun level cap and works in both Raid and Group.