Low level Ranger with bow

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fluid, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Fluid Augur

A frequent nag I have is people that say how useless bows are with Rangers before they get their Archery AAs. I mean I have debates with people in the forum, in game, you name it. Back ground on this is I usually have multiple characters and do some twinking. On Agnarr I hit it pretty hard with questing Trueshot Longbows and killing Coloth Meadowgreen for his bow & quiver. This is pretty far down on my alternate alternates, just running up a Halfling Ranger recently. I'm not sure what bow I have on my character here, I think I had something fast on him, but it works the same with a Trueshot. I'm pretty sure he has a Quiver of Marr too which is huge, like 50% weight reduction and +3 arrows. Meh, even w/o the nice stuff you just have to root the MOB twice maybe. I'm pretty sure the Ranger is level 15 or 16 as that is when they get root. The Aviaks are even con and a red con. The even con is taken down with a single root + insurance snare. The Red con thumps the Ranger pretty hard, but still goes down when Root finally sticks. That is the gist of it, Ranger doesn't have to do the snare and run backwards thing. Anyone that can root early i.e. Wizard, Enchanter, Druid, can work with the Ranger. Very low equipment requirements, could do this naked and a Magician can summon +3 arrows at level 20. I always run up a Magician and the one I used here for Quiver of Marr even made the Trueshot bow the first month Agnarr was open.
    Even con Aviak

Red con Aviak, I went OOM on as root stuck

QED.