Love the Queen Change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regnon, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Regnon Journeyman

Will be nice to actually fight her without getting nailed for 198k damage all at once.
  2. Jaerlyn Augur

That's not the effect they changed... they changed the DoT effect. So now not only will you take just as much damage, you'll also be eating the DoT for longer. And not be able to use abilities for longer.
  3. Regazozo Journeyman

I haven't done the fight since the change. But I believe Jaerlyn is right, it will be a harder mechanic to deal with now, with a higher chance of getting warcasters. I doubt this will hurt any of the guilds that have this on farm.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

I think that those can could just barely get the queen killed, might be in for surprise and get their behind handed back.

Don't be too surprised if that happens.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

We were a guild who could barely handle queen, previously relying on the captains surviving the entire event. Surprisingly enough we had our smoothest queen-win in months after the new changes.
    Could be luck, or maybe we are just getting better! :D
  6. Catty Lorekeeper

We have had the exact same experience.
  7. Tour Augur

You get less warcaster sets on average since you can no longer get back to back sets of them. And if you're using AoE's they're doing entire orders of magnitude more damage. Though all comes with the DoT changes mentioned above.
  8. smash Augur

Not sure the change meant a lot. Seemed much like it used to be.

However it does have potentiel to mean a lot if the captain for warcasters is killed at 60% and then knowing he will not come again rest of fight.
  9. Brohg Augur

If he is shanked by the queen at 60%, then he's replaced by another captain. He can reappear at 40% or 20% when any of the others is killed.

Any captain that is not up has a 50/50 shot of appearing when a captain is shanked (or otherwise dies)
  10. smash Augur

Sorry meant 40%.

As far i know he cannot come back that round + next.. but then might ve wrong
  11. Brohg Augur

can come right back up at 20. if he's up at 20, though, you can then kill him if you like, to not have the solo warcaster popping up every 2.5 mins? probably not a worthwhile distraction, though. Should just win from there.
  12. smash Augur

Does not mean much the extra warcaster.
  13. Lianeb Augur

Why the name change on the captains?
    Captain Seldarlol
    Captain Derestlol
    Captain Ersarlol
    Captain Asendaklol
  14. Brohg Augur

Lianeblol
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Queen Velazul Di`Zokrofl
    Brohg, Sindaiann and Thancra like this.
  16. Avory Augur

One grouped after patch, should be doable by now for others.

2x105 Druids
    2x105 Mage
    1x105 Pally
    1x105 AFK Bard

Proc for slow, tendon slice. Shaman buffs done before hand, no ranger buffs but I did get a stack of arrows off a 103 Ranger that was LFG. 2 druids for dps made quick work of it, would have bee faster but the mages were complaining about who would cast rods and that their pets couldn't tank the Queen very well while off tanking wavecrashers.

Honestly tho I didnt even notice a difference, Queen died so fast that I felt like I wasted my discs.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You one grouped an EoK tier 2 raid? :eek: Im impressed!
    Maedhros likes this.
  18. Avory Augur

=)

My last line was to be on topic, "Honestly tho I didnt even notice a difference, Queen died so fast that I felt like I wasted my discs"
    Jumbur likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, if it was a full raid, with hardcore raiders who usually down queen in 5-7 mins, then the last line would make more sense.
    Im actually really skeptical queen can be one grouped at all, so I guessed most of your post was just a joke. :p
  20. Avory Augur

It was a joke, we do it with a full raid =)
    Jumbur likes this.