Lost Coin

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Grove Augur

Two of my characters have earned a Shadewrought Coin of the Eclipse. Both characters made a hot bar slot for the Coin. One character also visited NPC to learn associated spell(s) for the coin, I am not sure about the other character (a rogue). However, the rogue has lost the coin (possibly destroyed it?). The rogue has done item search with Hoard window open and checked a merchant for possible recovery. In the hot-bar icon on this character the background is red. The rogue is looking for a way to recover or replace the Coin. This character has more limited game opportunities than the other character.
  2. Oberan Elder

When you use the coin it consumes it to give you your earned rank of the ecliptic ability. If I recall achievements that will increase your rank give you another coin. And yes you can have multiple coins at once.

In short you probably used it and its gone till you earn another.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

All the progressive clickie does is grant you the max rank you are flagged for, so if you get flagged for 2 ranks before you click one then you will go up 2 ranks, and any remaining clickies will no longer do anything. People were unknowingly deleting the clickies so as a backup, the devs added the ability to talk to the progressive NPC to grant you the max rank you are flagged for too, so you don't need anything restored or recovered. Also make sure that you have bought and learned the base progressive ability.
  4. Grove Augur

The oddest things are happening! Accidentally, I clicked the Aged Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion. It cast or attempted to cast Illusionary Spikes XXIV which was blocked by another buff. BUT then, the cloak disappeared, leaving the slot empty. Guessing I have to wait to loot that again???
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Its not consumable, it will be somewhere worn or in your inventory still. Other DS that use the same spell slot are going to be stronger than the cloak, so you really only need to cast it in absense of ranger DS or whatever.
  6. Oberan Elder

The only reason your cloak would "disappear" is if you clicked tried to upgrade it by clicking on the box next to "claim reward" on your cloak.. It would take your cloak, open up a reward window which then has 1 or 2 options (1 your old cloak back or 2 the upgraded cloak IF you meet the upgraded requirements).

if this is the case (and you closed your reward window) just type /reward and your cloak selection reward will be in there.. if you had more than 10 rewards and logged then you will either need to petition or reacquire your cloak.
  7. Grove Augur

With clues above I went (likely again) to see what was offered to enhance the Coin of the Eclipse. Merchant Elder Veteran Muhrak was not offering me anything when I had the button for usable on, so I checked the chart of my abilities. There I found ability Ecliptic Weapon Trigger 2. I made hot keys for that.
  8. Grove Augur

With information posted by Oberan, I recovered the cloak from the /reward window. I am so relieved!
  9. Grove Augur

So, in replacing the Coin with an Ability and recovering the cloak I am back to good again. THANK YOU to you all!
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

No, the coin is just a consumable to grant you the highest rank you unlocked. If you are clicking a coin and nothing is happening (not consuming), then you are already at the highest rank you are flagged for. Theres no reason to keep it otherwise.

The progressive spell NPCs do not offer the clickie, you go through their dialog to fix your progressive spell rank.

Also, you do not mem the level 250 "Something whatever #" part, you are to memorize the other spell without the number. The base spell is what "casts" the level 250 ranked part as an effect.