Losing Silver status after Krono sub expires

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Boyboi, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Boyboi Elder

Hello,

I have had this problem on a couple toons now. After my Krono subscription expires, my toon loses Silver status and can no longer join the General chat channels. This does not happen with most toons. Is this an oversight/bug?

Thanks.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

I have some silver accounts, and worrying about this happening to them has kept me from using a Krono on them. I'm sure it's an intermittent problem, but still, not something I want to take the chance on.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

It should be that if you make a purchase on that account (such as an expansion) the account will revert to silver and not green.
  4. Boyboi Elder

I have accounts I've never made a purchase on that don't revert after the sub expires.
  5. Boyboi Elder

Any word on this?
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

This is not a bug since there is nothing in place that guarantees you Silver status other than having an older pre 2014 account that you activated again.

The bug in this is that random accounts do revert to get Silver status occasionally when paying with Krono. Not that they didn't get it.

Apparently players have complained about this and it seems they have adjusted it and now no accounts made in the last few years are getting Silver status after Krono wears off - purchases made on the account do not seem to be the determining factor as I did make purchases on one and still did not get Silver status. On the other hand I have other accounts that did get Silver with no purchase.

This is the elephant in the room. No one talks about it and if they do then everyone argues about it working one way or the other. The best thing is just pay for a subscription or play F2P. If you luck out and get Silver status then have fun.

I fervently request the devs to not address this bug report and leave Silver status alone. :)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Kinda like fight club? Or don't look a gift horse in the mouth?

Nothing "official" says there is anyway to still get Silver status

Not a bug
  8. Boyboi Elder