Losing aggro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by kettcorey9, Mar 19, 2022.

1. kettcorey9 New Member

I am a 105 group warrior and i fight a level 109 necro and mage pet for aggro how do I fix that
  2. Rikantiz Lorekeeper

Do the Necro and Mage have pet taunt on?
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I leave Pet Taunt on for every pet in my group. It's good practice for my SK in building and maintaining aggro.

As to the OP's original question, if you read the descriptions of your various discs and AA abilities some of them will describe how they increase the mob's hatred of you. Build hotkeys that spam those abilities so that you can quickly taunt aggro back onto yourself. You can't eliminate a pet taunting aggro momentarily, but you can ensure it doesn't keep it.

You can also ensure you have a face slot with Echoing Anger and weapons with Spike of Anger to help increase your accumulated Hate.
  4. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Make sure you are duel wielding the best agro weapons available to you.

Also tell the pet classes in your group to turn it off. It is a horrible idea to have it on when you have a tank. If you need to move or position mobs it will make it difficult and can also cause proximity agro issues for other group members.

You can try a lot of different key combos. I would suggest these two.

Taunt key
    /doability 1
    /alt activate 3646
    /alt activate 688
    /disc Tormenting Shout RK.##
    /alt activate 2002

Mash key
    /alt activate 801
    /alt activate 3732
    /disc Insult Rk.##
    /disc Cyclone Roar Rk.##

It is perfectly fine to spam both of these keys.

Also keep Harmonious Precision or Expanse on cool down for single target or AE situations accordingly.

There are other abilities with agro attached to them that also have mitigation type buffs. I personal never need to use those for agro so I use them for the mitigation if it is needed. You can research those and play around and see what works for you.
  5. Cven Journeyman

You are at a disadvantage with the level gap, but the biggest thing is them keeping taunt off. There is never a need for pet taunt to be on when there is a live player.

As a warrior if you can survive DWing then you should never be using a shield. The aggro difference is immense. In group content if you are having issues surviving without a shield, look at your defensive rotations, healing, gear or maybe you are in content too high.

Sometimes it takes a hard lesson, after they summon their pet a few times maybe they will turn it off.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

This line of thinking may be way off but if you are using merc healers and the necro continues to keep his taunt on, it could split your healing allowing you to eat a bad round. mercs are dumb enough , do not give them one more choice to have to make.
  7. p2aa Augur

/alt activate 2002 is Warlord Grasp.

Do you use it for the Hate amount it apply ?

Does this 60 k hate amount work on all mobs, regardless the fact they are immune to the pull portion or too high level for the pull to work ?

Has anyone tested it ?
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Activating the Warlord's Grasp AA casts the spell Warlord's Grasp Taunt VI (or whatever level you have), which is resistable but checks Physical with a -2000 penalty. That spell has the aggro component, and then trigger-casts a second spell: Warlord's Grasp II. The second spell has the gravitate effect. So yes, you can always use Grasp as an aggro-building tool, even if you know the gravitate will fail.
  9. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Another way to fix the problem could just be letting a pet tank while you dps from behind. No more fighting for aggro, no more splitting up heals, and you will do more dps. And at some point, when the pet owners decide they want you to do your primary job, they can just have their pets turn taunt off.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Pretty much the route I went! My buddy Hinan is on his necro lately since his mage is max aa now so i don't have to tank. TBH its a relief since I 3 box and I can dps more with the sk instead of worrying about defense stances and the like.
  11. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I do not personally use it as a raiding tank since it leaves the gravitate debuff on the mob taking up a precious slot on a mob. I suggested to him as he mentions being a group tank. He will receive the initial hate and potentially the gravitate depending on the level of mobs he is tanking.

The gravitate can be a little annoying when it does work as you know it kind of pulls the mobs behind you causing you to have to back up a tad.