Loot Lockout on EoK Raids for people bannered in

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alena, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Alena Elder

Raid: 54 people
    Fight in Zone: 42 people, 12 are in guildhall (alts)
    After fight: the 12 banner into the zone
    Everbody is there -> open chest

Result: Loot Lockout on all 12 who bannered into the zone, nobody of them could loot

We did the first two Raids from EoK a couple of times. The first time none of the alts had problems to loot. But since the second raid all alts cannot loot anymore - everybody of them get loot lockouts if they banner into the zone before opening the chest.

All others can loot normally.

My understanding would be:
    - if there was an interference the last 6 days (visible in the Expedition Windows), raid cannot be attended or a loot lockout is present (if it is written in that window)

BUT:
    - no information in the expedition window about a loot lockout
    - no real reason why a loot lockout should be present

Despite the fact it is a stone old content - I am used that on raids alts can banner into the zone before the chest gets opened. Something is really borked here in my understanding. Three times now all the loot rotted. Some are really disappointed waiting time for the raid and no loot at all for them. The level range of the alts are upto L115. Not even the spells (RK.III) are possible to loot. And not to forget: the first time (Lceanium: Doorstep to War) this worked without problems for everybody who bannered into the zone! After success with that raid neither "Lceanium: Doorstep to War" nor "Temple of Droga: The Summoning" was possible to loot for alts.

It is highly unlogic that the Lceanium Raid would give a loot lockout to Temple of Droga Raid ONLY for bannered in people.
  2. Alena Elder

Another strange thing:

After that we went into Zlandicar Raid

At requesting the Raid a requester complained that a couple of people have loot lockout despite NOBODY did ever Zlandicar Raid.

*puzzled*...
  3. Alena Elder

Another one which I discovered after checking inventory and the raids we did:

We did this raid in this configuration three times with success and I assume it must have been the latest patch. Everybody got the Di'Zok Royal Seal Fragment 12 times (so 3 raids). After these 3 times it didn't worked anymore. So I assume this must be a patch issue. That would fit to the Zlandicar case and after reviewing a couple of other raid problems not related to EoK or Zlandicar it seems that more have this strange issue.

We started into "Prince of Selrach" but it seems we should wait until this bug is solved. Another way would be to get everybody into the raid expedition, park all endangered alts in a corner of the zone and if they get killed then simply rezz everybody into the expedition instance to let them loot. Not sure if that one works but since only the bannered people had the loot lockout I assume that the "loot lockout rules" are borked.

It is not possible to define which of the people are locked out because as raid leader I get only a requester stating it is so. And 54 tries is a bit much for this. But since after the couple of raids only the bannered people could not loot I assume it is the same case with Zlandicar.

Another thing which puzzled me (little experience in EoK raids): The 2 Ancient Sebilisian Coins are only giving 8 quantity after looted and reclaimed. While every one gets around 40-50 as standard. I don't have so much experience in raids but this seems a bit off esp. with a lockout of 6 days. At least for old raid content this should be reworked (I know, perhaps not a bug but bad design choices). Give oldies a bit more love please ;)
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Loot lockout is gained upon the first kill of any mob within a DZ. Loot lockout is only applied to looting zone trash, not to raid event or chest.

Adv loot will lockout anyone that is not within range of the mob/chest, or anyone out of zone (the red lock over the icon in adv loot). You target the corpse or the chest and within loot range you use the /loot command to unlock it. This is not the same mechanic as the DZ loot lockout.

This sounds more to me like they bannered in further away from the chest than adv loot range, then the chest was opened, then they tried to loot?

Farming zone trash for the aug drops without doing the event gets you loot lockout, should not prevent you from participating in the raid or looting the chest.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Alena Elder

You don't understand.

I got the REQUESTER that a part of the people HAVE A LOOT LOCKOUT while REQUESTING the raid despite NOBODY did Zlandi BEFORE. I never had that in ANY of the former older raids and if I cannot loot because of this then something is wrong! I got loot lockout BEFORE ANY ACTION or ANY RAID HAPPENED or ANY CHEST GOT OPENED!

If the distance is a reason for that one case I ask myself why everybody had the loot NOT GHOSTED in the loot window? In one case (Droga) the bannered people went into the instance and the chest has been opened then, so they were not far away (but distance: chest to instance zonein at one cave south) but if that is really the case then this is really bad loot/gaming design (in my design opinion it is clearly a bug, I wouldn't release that as a functional software).

But in the other cases the chest has been openend while EVERYBODY including the bannered people standing around the chest (Lceanium). So this is clearly not the reason.

If these useless and nerving timesinks of 6 days are gone I can test that again with the assumption that everybody can loot if they are in the zone.

And to repeat myself: I did raid looting of these raids before and had no problem - BEFORE THE PATCH and in disregard to other classical playing guys I prefer and use Advloot always.

Never tested that but good to know. I always do the new raids for trash without ever be in the need to loot the main chest ;) Thanks.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Now that you've finally read that clearing zone trash without engaging the raid event will give loot lockout.

When the loot lockout has been improperly applied to the chest, if you REQUEST the raid WITH LOOT LOCKOUT, there will be NO LOOT in the chest because LOOT LOCKOUT REMOVES LOOT DROPS or sometimes ONLY ORNAMENTS DROP because they were the only items not flagged for loot lockout. The fact you say there's a chest full of loot tells me its NOT the DZ LOOT LOCKOUT.

ONLY the characters OUT of loot range OR out of the zone get adv lockout (red icon), not the whole raid. The reason for the adv loot range is so you can't park a character at the zone in and have another character kill in another part of the zone and YAY FREE LOOT WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCE. Before we had adv loot you had to actually /loot the corpse itself, so you had to be right next to it, the adv loot range is not a bug or bad design, its part of the design balance. Loot range is about as far as exp range, it's shorter than you'd expect, like 500 range or something?

If the bannered people were TA'd after the event was requested so the event was not requested with a loot lockout, and they were at the chest when it was opened, then it could be possible a bad setting got introduced and loot lockout is applying to the chest, but 99% of the time this isnt what is happening. If they cant loot because theres a red icon in adv loot preventing them from accepting it, they have to target the chest and /loot while standing within like 20 range to remove the lock.

If you still think it wasnt adv lockout range, post the server, guild name, event, time you completed the event and timezone, and character names that couldn't loot, there will be logs for the event.