Looking into the issue. Resolving the issue. Stop the PR junk.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vadaael, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadaael Journeyman

As someone with limited time to play during the week, obligations on the weekends and only really available day on Friday nights until well now...This is complete crap. Devs, at least tell us WHY the servers went down, what you are doing to fix it, and some kind of ETA even if its a lie.

Some of us aren't paying for our EQ with EQ time living off others via foodstamps and section 8 housing trolling the game all day for plat to feed our pixel addiction. In fact I would say most of your players aren't the hardcore plays everyday all day type.

Downtime is reasonable. Downtime with zero explanation on a prime day, during prime time? Is not. I understand as a corporation the only thing you are trying to protect is your image. So you don't give two bits if we are upset at the situation or not.

The multiple "we are looking into it" posts and "we are resolving it" ones at that do nothing but add fuel to the fire. A post admitting the issue with what the team is currently doing to resolve it, would really make the whole community as a whole feel appreciated and valued.

Currently, I am not feeling like a valued consumer or client. I feel more like a dollar sign. If your corporate response to a serious downtime issue is simply apologize and the masses will eat it up, I guess you have some pretty ignorant customers.

If this wasn't a game I played since my preteen years back 2000, or a company I have grown up with, I would be out the door. But remember there is only so much abuse you can give before people walk away.

Project 99 is seeming more and more like a viable option to me at this point. So is EQ .

TL;DR - Change your business model to reflect the modern consumer. Not all consumers are incapable of understanding how something broke, why it broke, and what needs to be done to remedy the situation. Simple information goes a long way to calm nerves. Placating only pisses people off.
    Alekzandre and Geddak like this.
  2. Endtimes Elder

Grow up
    Frenzic, Kopuz and Aryabear like this.
  3. Ootax Augur

No kidding, why do you need to know all the details of what caused it? Maybe they don't know yet, they did say it was not intended downtime, that's about all you need to know.
    Steampunk likes this.
  4. Warlorf Augur

He has a point. Long winded but tbh more insightful than your post. Take your own advice
    Geddak and Nenake like this.
  5. HoneyBadger666 New Member

Then maybe you should cancel your sub, Bro. You obviously don't have time to play.
  6. Contemplate New Member

Shhh dont interrupt the fan girls drinking thier Kool-Aid

To the OP well thought out post
    Geddak likes this.
  7. Steampunk Augur

Would you even understand if they told you what was happening? Better yet, would it make any difference at all if you knew?
  8. Endtimes Elder

He doesn't have a point, anyone taking a video game seriously enough to write that post in anger does not have the proper perspective to " have a point "

lighten up people , seriously
    Kopuz likes this.
  9. thechacko Elder

Wow... really?

To give you an idea of what happens I want you to go open 30,000 text files that are about 8,000 lines each.

Now try to work back to what is causing an issue in memory.

Have fun.
    Steampunk likes this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Seriously?

You want them to make up ETAs, what they are doing, etc?
  11. Dreftan Elder

Most likely they've given up on the server for tonight, best bet is for a Monday relaunch, wiped and restarted.
    Kopuz and Geddak like this.
  12. HoneyBadger666 New Member

It's his world. He is more important than the rest of us.
  13. Warlorf Augur

[quote="Endtimes, post: 3270564, member: 4188]He doesn't have a point, anyone taking a video game seriously enough to write that post in anger does not have the proper perspective to " have a point "

lighten up people , seriously[/quote]
    People do unwind after a long week and maybe its with EQ. Once again, take your own advice
    Geddak likes this.
  14. HoneyBadger666 New Member

Yep. See you next Friday OP when you can play again!
  15. Wovel Journeyman

A made up ETA would allow him to come back at that time and complain about how they just made up the ETA. For the rest of us, it is better they don't post an ETA if they don't actually have one...
  16. Gythlen Augur

If I can pay for my EQ sub with my foodstamps, please enlighten me!
  17. Ootax Augur

If OP needs to unwind after his week that is fine. However after a rage post like his, I would say he's wound too tight and EQ isn't going to help much.
  18. Endtimes Elder

People do unwind after a long week and maybe its with EQ. Once again, take your own advice[/quote]

If you really need to unwind why dont you draw yourself a bubble bath, pour yourself self a wine spritzer and turn on the smooth sounds of Kenny G
  19. HoneyBadger666 New Member

If you really need to unwind why dont you draw yourself a bubble bath, pour yourself self a wine spritzer and turn on the smooth sounds of Kenny G[/quote]

or rub one off! or two
    Warlorf likes this.
  20. Warlorf Augur

Maybe but don't come back on him with a post stating "grow up". Adds nothing but troll effect to a thread
    Geddak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.