Looking for some good old grinding spots...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaxamaphone, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

So I'm two boxing my 90 Bard and 85 Mage and I'm looking for some spots to grind out regular ol' mobs. It's okay if it's not a hot zone. I've been grinding in Old Bloodfields and Hills of Shade and I've had enough of that scenery. I'd like to have a handful of out of the way spots I can rotate around to as I get tired of killing the same old mobs. Yes I still play EQ as it was meant to be played... with group content, but I'd like to have a place to go grind for an hour or two once in awhile rather than spending 45 minutes looking for a group.

Have any off the beaten path locations you like in this level range?

Thanks!
  2. Dramatime Augur

In the Feerott you can kill the apes it's a pretty good spot and if crap goes wrong you can zone out right there. There is also a namer that spawns there so you can get some motes perhaps.

Korscican warrens is cool if you go to the spot where you can pull the golems the frogs and ogres/goblins. It's the 3-way intersection so you can have constant pulling and on top of that there is a namer goblin that spawns close to there that will drop a clicky ring with like +7% over haste... your a bard so it won't really help you but if it drops you can offer it to guild =).

HoT CY is always a favorite because of the repeatable quests in there.

Hope you find something you like my friend =). My favorite way to go about grinding is think about what items I want to upgrade and make a wish list with the items I want and the mob's/ph's and zones they are in. Then I head there and start pecking away. That way your killing two birds with one stone and it makes it a TAD less grindy.
  3. Black Soul Elder

Maybe try Kaesora Library. I'd never been in the zone until recently when I learned about a couple of augs I could camp. As a molo 92 SK I actually enjoyed hunting in that zone.

Edit ---> also check out Korafax. I recently camped a namer in there and it seemed like a real nice zone too. Odd thing about these hotzones... they do bring people together but they also make it easy to forget about going off to explore in all directions. Sometimes just get wrapped up doing dailies and forget how much I enjoy exploring.

Edit again ---> When I was in Korafax I Camped Veltarik for his ring. While doing that, I had 3 belts drop that people ran for when I mentioned the loot rot in general chat. As an 85 mage, you might want to camp a Belt of Valtarik too...
  4. Zaxamaphone Augur

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! Korafax looks like an excellent idea, plus I've never even been there, will be fun to explore. I also like the Korsicican Warrens.
  5. Artemis-Entreri Augur

Get your mage to 86, pop the new air pet, and tear up mech guardian. Whole instance all to yourself, with repops. Would go all the way to the top, and do the 2 rooms there (can get the clicky box, thats laying on the ground, so you can always port to the top level here). Should be enough to kill back to back non-stop with little downtime waiting on repops. Can also make use of your Anti-summoned nukes, and enjoy the benefits of your Theft of Essence AA.

Also getting the Gyrospire relocation device, and doing the very top of Beza / Zeka. Great places for a magician. Spent allot of time between the two places myself on my magician. Nice vendor trash, tradeskill drops (tinkering, and mecho-tablets for cultural armor augs), spells to sell. Can make tons of money in these places.
  6. Zaxamaphone Augur

I'm boxing with a 90 Bard.. won't this content be pretty trivial? I'd like to be in a place they both would get xp. I really like the idea of an instance though...
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I can't see anything being better than The Grounds hotzone.
  8. Zaxamaphone Augur

How far in is this guy? I spent some time working my way through the zone killing as I went, but I don't think I went even a quarter of the way through.
  9. Black Soul Elder

Run in the entry hall til you come to the first room and take the door on your left as you enter the room. Then run up the hall until you come to a ramp on your right going up. Take four rights up that ramp and when you reach the top, there is a door right there, either right in front of you or else to your right. Through that door you should see 4 or 5 Vitriks wandering around in a shallow pit area. That's the place.
  10. Black Soul Elder

Oh hey, a couple other places off the beaten path that have been kind of interesting to me are Crystallos and Meldrath's Majestic Mansion. Those should be at least worth checking out to see if they suit you.