Looking for server advice!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Twinnrova, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Twinnrova Journeyman

Hello everyone!

I am a relatively new EverQuest player. I started by trying out the TLP server Coirnav and then Aradune and I really enjoyed playing with everyone at launch. However, I'm never able to keep up with the pace in leveling and end up getting left behind as new expansions come out.

My real question is whether I need to be at raid level during a certain expansion on a TLP server to be able to participate in older raids? When new expansions unlock on TLP servers, does everyone move on to the next set of raids? Is it possible to find groups that continue playing old raids? Is it different between TLP servers and live servers?

I feel like the most fun experience for me in EverQuest would be the ability to play through the raids in expansion order without the pressure of leveling in 12 weeks (checking achievement boxes in the achievement tracker). Am I basically forced to just dedicate some grind time at launch to experience the thrills of old-school raiding with a need to get what I want out of it before the next expansion unlocks, or can I maybe jump into a live server and work at my own pace and find groups of people looking to go through older raids?

Thank you so much in advance for the advice! I'm wanting to go deeper with EverQuest but I'm not quite sure where I will fit best into the community.
    Abundant likes this.
  2. Herf Augur

I'll put in a word for Agnarr. It's locked at PoP/LDoN/Ykesha, forever. It has a small but vital population who help new people with lvl'ing, including free buffs at the PoK soulbinder. People are very friendly, because anyone who's still there likes it there and likes welcoming new people. There are occasional open raids, and just yesterday one guild raided with another guild to help them clear Plane of Tactics for flags. it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. One person once summed it up by saying "the server is my guild"

Yes at lower lvls you'll be soloing or maybe duoing. Eventually you may want to start a box acount on a 2nd computer, but not everyone does. With the upcoming 50% XP bonus for 2 weeks in October you could easily lvl fast, getting to 20 in one day easily with buffs from PoK; Temperance and multiple Dmg Shields.

Because the server is locked you can play as little or as much as you wish, and no one will ever get past lvl 65. That may sound odd, but there's still questing, working on AAs, or starting another class. I started solo but now have 3 accounts and one of each type of class including 2 druids.