Looking for a time locked progression guild that isn't on a TLP server:..

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Derivative, May 31, 2015.

1. Derivative New Member

So, I came back to EQ for the new TLP and I have to say, I've been having fun so far, but my favorite part of EQ was the AA system when it was introduced, it made camping and grinding all the more worthwhile as you were still developing your character. Now, as I see it, I'll have to wait roughly 2 years (could possibly be less I hear, but worst case scenario) to be able to experience the game when I had the most enjoyment of it.

I've also missed the social aspect of EQ, I didn't know how much I missed grouping with 5 random strangers at a Orc camp for 2-4 hours and leaving with 5 people on my friends list, it just makes the game so much more enjoyable rather than running and rushing through a dungeon to get your points capped for the week.

I would love to level a character up and stop and experience raids that I never have at a relevant level, I know there is a guild on Trakanon that a lot of people seem to recommend, but from my limited investigations, it seems to be a low pop server, so I may not be able to get a group to level up (though, with EQ being a top heavy game, I may have this problem on any server?).

Basically, I'm just looking for a bit more information on this subject from the community before I make a decision and commit to a server and character, maybe even an active guild that accepts new players and has a active player base with people that may want to do some old time raids would be fine also?

Thanks for any input you may have for me I advance!
  2. Praxxos Journeyman

actually the worst case would be that it never ever opens if the majority votes against it
  3. Jodun New Member

Have the devs actually stated that AA abilities are not available until Luclin is opened or are people assuming that to be the case? Given the fact that Origin (an AA ability) is already available on Ragefire for every character who reaches level 5, I was expecting AAs to be available with the opening of Kunark in November since that is when we can get to level 51.

Can anyone point me to a dev post that confirms when AAs are supposed to go live?
  4. Trazzlo Elder

No, they come out with Luclin. Origin is a special case, since it is very much like the "Return Home" button at character select. In fact, they are now timed the same (same refresh duration).

So that one single AA was moved into the general AA pool. The other is the leadership AA's, most of which are in a new AA that is also given as part of the core EQ AA system. There is no time you now need (nor have ever needed) to work up AA's for these perks. Leadership was all on it's own system and similar to AA's.

Everything else is part of the expansion they come out in. Any changes to that would also impact live servers (the moving of AA's from Luclin to General).

You can easily confirm all this by opening the AA window on Ragefire or Lockjaw. Each and every AA is listed, as well as the expansion they activate on and other requirements (level, other AA's).