Long unlock TLP??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rithlir, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And then they need to make a 3rd/4th because of the queues on the first two?
  2. Haak Augur

You jest, but I imagine Darkpaw would love to have so much interest in two servers that they need to consider a 3rd or 4th.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have been making a 2nd server recently for overflow and if one or both of the servers are popular they could have to make an overflow for that server as well.
  4. Numiko Augur

5. Tweakfour17 Augur

AoC makes the longer unlocks even worse, at least with OW only you can "compete" or setup a rotation for raids, once every guild can kill every target every week you get all the gear you want/need in a very short amount of time.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Brunlin Augur

Actually, i know how free to play works. There would be mounts, potions, skins, bags, etc to buy. I know the AA in pop isnt as a large amount that you need but you will need to atleast get 1 month of sub to reach a level you need. Free to play Agnaar would bolster its population and Kronos sales would be a thing there. Also, enticing people that are just coming back to play or try but do not want to experience live, than Agnaar would be a place they could play and be enticed to sub so they can play on another TLP that isnt locked to POP or a new TLP when one comes down the line. There are a lot of people like me that play on the new TLP for a little time but than move on to something else and when i do im not spending money with Daybreak but if there was a place to hang out that is a classic experience where i didnt need to sub or pop my Kronos than I would be hanging out buying mounts and potions for alts on multiple accounts. Anyway, a free to play Agnaar would be a lot more profitable, than 100-150 people subbing.
  7. Captain Video Augur

There are a lot more than 100-150 subbed accounts on Agnarr, trust me. In any case, the # of accounts doesn't matter. The players there now don't want an influx of FTP trial types, the server was launched on the premise that it will be paid customers only for the life of the server. If you want to lobby DPG to consider launching a new FTP TLP, that's your prerogative, but you're wasting your time trying to demand access to Agnarr.
  8. Brunlin Augur

As for players on Agnaar not wanting a free trial tlp server.........Thats fair. As for lobbying DPG....why? ...I had a opinion and shared it and it will probably never see the light of day.
  9. Komodon Augur

As somebody who played their fair share of P99, I'd say your "clear interest" arrow there attempting to point at the locked nature aspect of the server as some primary draw is completely missing the mark. It's the more older school core community element, that will just never be replicated as well over here on instanced content servers, that is the real life-blood there.

Seriously, if there was ever people running around that server talking about just how sweet being forever locked to content was...I never ran into a single one. It was always the exactly opposite. Heck beyond the always ongoing turnover rate that server sees once fresh people get their fix grinding to max level (and get to the raid scene), and the plethora of people chiming in daily on their message boards who don't actually even play there anymore, I'd bet money you'd see 90%+ of people who actually do still regularly play there vote "heck yeah" on any idea of seeing new content.
  10. Fhiele Augur

Slow expansion unlocks are too slow for most players. Every TLP now, you can see players drop off mid kunark, come back velious,drop off mid velious, come back Luclin, drop mid luclin....2 months is enough for many people, 3 for most. There may be a few folks like OP who think they want it even slower, but I don't think that population would be sustainable.