LOL This is Happening all over again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tharrg, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tharrg Augur

----I see mages, mages everywhere... armies of Mage bots running through content and taking down camps and KS'ing groups. And the dragons are taken out in less than a couple days. This is a total failure and just more of the same. This is not what players wanted.. And now we will start to see single people boxing full group killing the Dragons over and over farming them till god knows when. This is going to end up with masses of people quitting and calls for a whole new progression server .... just like last time. The RACE to finish is what is driving some of this. Players are racing to 50 to try to beat some of these bot armies in hopes to get some gear. Its only going to get worse. I had hoped that maybe a change to the spawn times for raid bosses etc to under 6 hours would help.. but there are just too many boxing armies running around... I think we actually do need Instance zones or some way to limit how many boxers there are.
  2. jagarr Augur

thread number one thousand million on this topic.

listen, ragefire is what it is. i shelved my melee entirely and am running ENC DRU MAG boxes. simulcasting nukes on all 3 plus the pet is enough to make sure i'm not KSed, usually. i still might fire up a 2nd MAG though if i feel like actually camping any drops. camping rares without a bunch of casters is just a waste of time.

you're better off farming good plat spots and not even trying to take rare mobs or anything. just buy the items you need later. casters don't need any items AT ALL even to level 30+, so melee are at a colossal disadvantage (just as they were in classic!)

DB is clearly not changing anything so you've gotta join the insanity if you want to compete and boxing at least one MAG goes a long way towards having a fun time on this server.

if you're running only melee... GL with that. you're at the mercy of other players. this is the environment we are playing in and if DB refuses to do anything about it, you've gotta adapt or suffer.
  3. Random_Enchanter Augur

Welcome to EQ!

Your hardcore people who plan on playing 24 hours for 4 days in a row to get max level and take down the dragons get called botters and hackers by people who want to take things slower.

Your intelligent people who understand how to play the game and abuse it are called the minority.

Your casual player can't do anything because they don't care enough to spend the time to gain the understanding or devote the time to become 'hardcore'.

Everyone because people tend to trend to human nature. That is 'most OPed' classes, returns, and results for the least amount of work.

Maybe i should have instead said "Welcome to Life, your only other choice is death" ?
  4. Solreal New Member

Tharrg on ignore
  5. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

The difference is that on classic, melee was required. Today, any idiot with 2 fingers can roll through content with a single mage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.