Login server down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tach200 Journeyman

I'm pretty sure all darkpaw employees are drinkin' and smokin' at a christmas party basking in the glow of all the paying subscribers to EQ. They must be thankful for our patronage, patience, and willingness to expect zero support from them.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

For what it's worth, I am able to login fine on Planetside 2 (another Daybreak game) but unable to log into EverQuest.
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

I swear some of you are downright obnoxious when things go wrong and can't play.

Obviously a business would have active monitoring on their infrastructure (code, database, and servers). Its likely also provided by the cloud host they switched to last year as well. Believe it or not, this isn't something that's groundbreaking these days and one wouldn't need a direct line to support staff to come to an assumed state.
    Eryndhel likes this.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Apologies for the delay. We are working on it.
  5. Wyll New Member

or you could agree server/login issues 3-5 times a month is ridiculous
  6. bootman New Member

Yup thanks for the wasted sunday :(
    Meeper and tuda like this.
  7. Nukkel New Member

You realize it would take 1/3rd the amount of time it took you and I to write this to post something as a red, which would stop most of the bickering.
    juggalo, Kinin and Juilan like this.
  8. Nanilu Journeyman

I did open a trouble ticket earlier to report this problem. I just got a response from Daybreak as follows:

So... this problem with the login server might take a while :(
  9. Juilan Apprentice

I think they enjoy the bickering. they sit back with score cards rating them
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Yarmeth Journeyman

..and a good business would make sure that they tell their customers that they were aware of the situation and are working to correct the issue, even if there is no eta for the correction.
    juggalo, Dyluck and Kinin like this.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

No it wouldn't and you know it. That's why they don't do it anymore. :p
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nothing on being looked at on the forums do they have sundays off?

Andarriel
  13. Nukkel New Member

omg it breathes!
    shep569 and Fenthen like this.
  14. Dilquan Augur

Wow, still down?! No notification either so they have no idea, wow, just wow.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. pipi1009 New Member

login server down i cannot login to the game since 3 hours

do they KNOW it ?

DB is slow

at least sony time they announced it
  16. Nukkel New Member

A red did just post. It wasn't much but it was something
  17. pipi1009 New Member

Fix Please
  18. Neopotomus New Member

Again if you think coordinating IT and social media creates a "precedent" for slowing down resolution....I have no words. Its poor customer service to not inform your customers.....and NO I'm not complaining about the OUTAGE, I'm complaining about the communication. Make whatever excuses you would like, its 2021 there social media director needs to get with the program.

19. Fenthen aka Rath

20. Herf Augur

To be fair I should probably add this:

At most online game companies the devs almost certainly do not have direct access to the live servers. IT does. And IT may not have direct access to the community messaging tools. Everything is nicely compartmented, which assures performance such as we see now.

Game companies are in the entertainment business, not software. And they're as messed up as any Hollywood studio.
    Nennius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.