Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Tappin Augur

That’s the way this week rolled. People log in for raids and immediately log out when they are done. Wonder if this is the new normal.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That's been the norm for many expansions now. Lots of people are finished with all the new quests in RoS, so they have nothing else to really do besides raids. It's been like that for a while now, the first month lots of people out grinding, after that just raiding.
  3. tnot Elder

I still see plenty of people. Of course raiders log out after raids, they're raiders, there's nothing in the group game which is an upgrade, they may also be playing Alts.
  4. Stephen51 Augur

Augments, mission achievements, hunter (which gives another trophy slot), replenish lost xp, AA to buy expendable AAs for raids, to name but a few.
  5. kizant Augur

It takes 5 minutes with lessons to earn back AAs used for glyphs. The rest of that stuff isn't really an incentive for some people. Doing missions for type 5s is worth it but the rest meh.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

This is why mercs exist. Box groups. Bot scripts. Etc.
  7. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Wait a sec, are you saying raiders are only participating in raids? Ones which they've done before and know well enough that nothing is a surprise, thereby requiring little effort?

But someone in another thread told me that raiders put in more TIME AND EFFORT and therefore are entitled to greater rewards / easier time with group content! Sounds like I put in 5x more effort and time than someone who just Logs in, collects loot and /camps. Really seems like raiders have the easiest ride of all, save for the guild leader.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
    Gana and gotwar like this.
  9. kizant Augur

Doing the same raid over and over takes a little bit of effort.Collecting shiny things and doing hunters, etc takes zero effort. It's just busy work.
  10. Marike Elder

Stop telling me how to play, Dad.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As I stated at the start of this thread, lots of people have already finished all the missions/quests in RoS. That took raiders no effort though right? Ya it's usually easier, I'll give you that. When raiders who have already put in massive amounts of time into EQ over the years get together to knock out progression, it usually goes pretty quick. They've already spent massive amounts of time farming augs and achievements and what ever else to get the most out of their toons, so ya in a month after release they've already blown through all the stuff I constantly see being cried about.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

It doesn't help that there really isn't much content to blow through.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

OH LOOK ....another new member. #timetotroll
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Close,
    Main has finished all quests, all missions, missing 3 collections and hunter halfway done in all zones, oh and not forgetting AAs done apart from a few rubbish ones I which are of no use to me...lost interest i ROS...The alt on the other hand is at 101 and desperately trying to complete CotF, TBM, TDS and EOK before hitting 106!
  15. Risiko Augur

I wonder what people do with all that extra time. Are they playing another MMO or... *gasp* going outside ;)