Lockout Reduction 25%

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bamkan, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Bamkan Augur

Hi,

Just saw the Roshen announcement of the 25% lockout reduction.
    In the past this has been 30%. If there anyway it can be made to be 30% - pretty please?

A 25% reduction to the 4.5 day raid timer is 3.3 days. However as guilds normally raid at the same time each night, this is effectively a 4 day repeat.
    A 30% reduction to the 4.5 day raid timer is 2.97 days. Which means you could repeat content after 3 days.

For my guild a 25% reduction is effectively no reduction because we do not raid on that 4th day.

Hope this is seen, Thanks :)
  2. Coronay Augur

3. Daislet Augur

"some kind of bonus for most everquest players every day" is the advertisement.

My guild has fixed dates on raids. We do not have a rotating roster where we raid at night and then 3.5 days later we raid in the day. This is worthless to us. To me this is catering to the minority rather than the majority.
    You have a new expansion coming out, why not encourage folks to gear up for it?
  4. Wizdons Augur

Hell why not just make it 50%. is it gona break the game if 2x more raids are done in 2 weeks? 25% is a joke.
    Xanathol likes this.
  5. Rafather Augur

People raid more then one night a week?
    Iila likes this.
  6. Feradach Augur

Doesn't this cover HA lockouts as well? That's likely to be where the real benefit is.
  7. Girra New Member

It would have been nice to have more than a 25% reduction in lockouts, but I will take what they give us. That being said, regardless of the percentage, any reduction in lockout timers for raids is encouraging people to raid more (a.k.a. gear up). Now whether or not your guild chooses to take advantage of this (i.e. adjusting your raiding schedule for only two weeks or not), is on your guild. Don't blame the devs for your guild not trying to optimize their chances for gear. They don't control your schedule.
    Rafather and Tarvas like this.
  8. chronicler Augur

What does the lockout reduction Work for ?

Have tried some tasks, shared tasks, and some daily. Dont Work for those.

This on AB.
  9. Numiko Augur

25% reduction on dailies too please.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You have got to be kidding. You are really crying about this?
  11. Bamkan Augur

I do agree.

However, a normal Arx rotation is 5days. That means if you are doing it whenever it is up, then you are going to have a rotating schedule. Changing that to a 4 day rotation is no big deal for those guilds.

I'm gonna guess my guild is in the majority and that most guilds do not rotate on different days. If we don't rotate on a 5day schedule, then why would we rotate on a 4 day one?

Unless you raid on that 4th day or do a rotating schedule then the lockouts aren't beneficial. And realistically those people who do a rotating schedule of 5 days, and can easily just reduce it to 4 days.....they are the folks who don't actually need a reduction :)

In the past is has always been 30% reduction so that it becomes 2.97 days. If it was always 25%, then I wouldn't care.
    Honestly, they are not going to change it now....I just think it's a missed opportunity of goodwill.