Lockjaw - Looking for a Guild

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James23, Oct 7, 2015.

1. James23 New Member

Looking for some recommendations / advice on joining a guild.

Specifically, looking for a guild that caters more towards the "competent casual" type person. I would like to join a raid 1-2 times a month, but don't have the time to make weekly required raids. Not super concerned about loot, just want to see some of the End Game.

I'm more interested in joining groups / small raids for PoF, PoH (and Plane of Growth, etc in the future) to farm armor, maybe mini bosses, etc. Helping with (and getting help with) Epics would be high on my list as well.

Do any of the higher end raiding guilds accept members like this?

I have a 50 Druid and Necro all non-raid geared, looking for some new things to do.

I started played EQ on Rallos Zek Day 1 and I was a hardcore raider in WoW Vanilla, so I understand MMO's, raids, etc fairly well. Just don't have the time to devote to that again :)
  2. Lee81 Augur

The competition is heating up. By raid attendance alone, you wouldn't get very far. There isn't a fixed schedule anymore. Some guilds require availability during the day and night via text. Otherwise, raid attendance may be a barrier to entry for you.
  3. Zublak Augur

Ignore Lee.

There are multiple guilds out there doing Planes for armor. A few them are also capable of downing targets. Not all of them require a hardcore attendance. I'd recommend Dead Halfling Society, maybe look into Legacy of Zek (I don't know much about their requirements, but they seem like a good guild), I believe Almar has a guild and you can get more info about his guild from almarsguides website, he has a link in his signature.

Good luck man, I hope you find what you're looking for!
    lockjaws and Simone like this.
  4. Lee81 Augur

A few of them may be capable, but will they have any targets available for the 1 or 2 times that he will raid a month? I was considering this. We don't have fixed schedules, therefore there is much more variability. It might be possible that he may see very little of anything. He might get into a more casual guild, but the possibility of seeing anything is drastically lowered by his availability. I'm not trying to lower his hopes. I'm just being realistic.
  5. kraggnar Elder

Contact a Sad Dragon member. We currently farm planes and sky and are looking for TOO's. No raid requirements and we form guild groups all the time to help each other out.
  6. James23 New Member

Nice, ok that's good to hear. I've grouped with lots of Sad Dragon members while leveling, never had any issues.