Locked Zones = Need changes to concept

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Coruth Augur

There needs to be some fundamental rethink of TDS expansion and locked zones

Such as Heirloom Clickies that you can buy from a vendor for 100k to any zone you are unlocked to. That you can put in a shared bank and let your alt be flagged too.

For the first time since House of Thule. You are locking zones behind Progression.
    VOA: Open
    COF: Open
    ROF: Open.

Now suddenly in a game, where people like to play with their friend or grab an alt and play with thier friends, you are forcing repetition of lot of quests.

And you know what makes it funny:

Yet, you expect doing the same quest over and over per alt is somehow fun?

And since thiers no 85 rule for groups/fellowships. Separating me, from my Faster Progressing, and Slower Progressing friends is somehow fun either?

The sad part is I have been adding accounts and alts for 3 expansions now. Fun and variety. How many of them are going to become useless and not buy an expansion for?
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  2. Sathayorn Augur

What, you can't go back to help a friend?
    Elricvonclief and Dibab like this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Never!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

The problem comes in with those of us that have multiple friends, some of which have low play time so you spend all your time back flagging and never playing where you want to play.
    Elricvonclief and noclue like this.
  5. Coruth Augur

Your talking to someone who back during Tipt played a required class, and had to cycle with same 4 people dozens of people through.

I don't mind going back occassionally at all.

I mind have to redo content for Alts, and go back and back everytime there's a new recruit, a returning friend.

After 3 expansions without it. I am not looking forward to forced Zone Flagging again.

Hey, buy a "heroic toon" to mess around with but before you can mess around with your friends who progressed make everyone do 10 hours of progression with you again.

Fun?
    noclue likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

I on the other hand am looking forward to forced Zone Flagging again it creates more LFG opportunities when there's a bigger reason to go do the missions.
  7. drkoli Augur

i dont mind the locked zones. what i do mind is the first zone isnt that big so its going to be a nightmare for everyon e for a while until people start filtering thur the zones and get a bit more spread out
  8. Zantor Augur

I like this idea of locked zones again, make people work for progression, how many are lazy now, do some but forget the rest. And you know when you get to the end zone that you have earned it.
  9. segap Augur

People wouldn't be lazy and forgetful if the tasks were actually fun. People might have patience to do them voluntarily if they didn't have to fight 50 other people for the same limited spawns.
    Marton, drkoli, Xeladom and 1 other person like this.
  10. smash Augur

Lets see how you like it after 1 day.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Looking forward to locked zones, got a few days off this week so I can play at stupid O'Clock when everyone else is sleeping. :)
  12. drkoli Augur

you and about 400 others are probably thinking the same thing. good luck!
  13. Laronk Augur

I played on Fippy in a progression guild

Bring it.
  14. strongbus Augur

I love the fact that the zones are locked behind progression. One thing love bout HOT and hated bout VOA/ROF/COTF. It slows down the ton of people who are way to under geared or under aaed form being in the top end zones where they just die all the time and can't really help groups out. I don't mind those who are there with close friends who know that they are should we say "supporting" that friend who can't help much. What I don't like is the lfg's in zone who just are not geared or such and just don't belong in a top end zone cause they can't take a hit or heal enough to keep up with what the mobs can do.
  15. Feradach Augur

To me, it's just not EQ without progression locks. Bring back the PoP days!

Heh. If there was an Unlike link on these forums, I'm pretty sure this post would get lit up.
  16. strongbus Augur

i am surprised no one has blasted my post yet lol
  17. Warpeace Augur

I see dead people, well not as many in the upper zones this time training their way to the zone out.
  18. Kunon Augur

A lot of people that like the idea of locked progression like HoT are forgetting about the endless posts from people complaining that they couldn't find groups to progress after the expansion had been live for a couple of months. The work around was that during HoT selling taskadds was big business for experience/AAs and to get people flagged. That is no longer an option and the forums will be full of threads about it.

Another issue is raid flagging. All of the raids take place in the final zone now and it appears that in an attempt to slower raiders down even more everyone will have to be flagged for that zone so they can raid. Think about that for a second... Depending on your server that means anywhere from 100 to 300 members from the raid guilds fighting it out in the first two zones to get their progression done. If you don't know, those zones are small and have some serious bottlenecks as even the missions have elements in the static zones. Do you think any of them are going to care about your camp or progression? When those zones aren't crashing from having too many toons in them it will be constant training, KSing and every other negative aspect of this game for the first week or so. It will make the DSH flame igniter debacle look tame since there is a lot more on the line this time.

Toss in experience nerf to older quests, missions, HAs, and mob experience once you ding 101 and you'll have even more people there. That nerf isn't small either. It turns CotF blues into the equivalent of current VoA light blue/greens for experience.

Sound like fun yet?
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  19. strongbus Augur

For some people being able to walk into the top end zones of a exp on the 1st day is no fun. Because they did nothing to earn the right to be there. For others being able to do that is fun cause they feel that because they paid their money they have earn the right to be there. HOT was set so you had to do stuff beside buying it to get to the top. VOA/ROF/COTF besides having to run to each zone to flag for the portal you didn't have to do any real work to earn that right. TDS you will have to do work to earn that right.

SOE will never make an exp that make everyone happy. There are to many types of players. You have some who don't want to have to do anything hard to earn stuff on one side and other other side you have the people who want to have to do hard work to earn stuff. Then you have the people that might fall in between those two types somewhere.
    Riou and Garshok like this.
  20. Agrippa Augur

For some people being forced into the same two small zones with hoards of other people fighting over not near enough mobs to go around isn't fun. Not because they don't like questing or "earning" their way through invisible barriers, but because there won't be near enough new content tomorrow to go around.
    Vrinda and Garshok like this.