Loading spell sets sometimes doesn't load

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vizhip, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Vizhip New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Dec 10 11:34:02 2023

Character: Level 121 Wizard (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: I have noticed a couple of times when switching spell line-ups that when I click Load A-Standard spell set (first in my saved list) that it will remove the spells not on the list, but then leave the book open and not proceed any further until I click Load A-Standard spell set once again and then it will begin adding the spells like it should have. This doesn't happen every time but has happened often enough that I am wondering if it is a bug.
    Rondor and Jack like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I've found it to be a client desync issue, or else if you try to load set during an action that otherwise blocks you from memming a spell. Second time it will go through.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that's been that way for years. It's a lag/sync issue, and I don't think there's really anything they could do to fix something like that. I guess they could code in some sort of delay between clicking to load the spell set and the game actually starting to remove/mem spells, though I'm not sure how well that would work.
  4. Vizhip New Member

Thanks for the information. It appears to be associated with Lag... I added the lag meter once again and notice this happening during extreme lag times, which is why it doesn't happen ALL the time.
    Now that I know what is going on, I can continue to click the load spell set again as I have been.