Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Smak, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

Should BST get charm animal spells equivalent in power to druid's charm animal spells?

It could be considered a lateral upgrade for the most part since BST would have to lose warder to charm an animal npc, with chances of the animal charmed breaking and eating the BST. Warders never eat their masters to they?

I just figure for beastlords to be actual lords over beasts they should have a way to control any beast they find?
  2. Wakeup Journeyman

Beastlords warders are their spirit animal or something. They can't just go pick another animal willy nilly. Beyond that, I'd much rather dev spend their time making BSTs skills hit for the right amount of dmg again in beta than some animal charm ability when our warders are fine as is.
  3. fransisco Augur

charm pets are WAY WAY WAY more powerful than summoned pets.
    Storywise, it would make alot of sense though.

But there is also the issue that there aren't that many blue con animals that are immune to charm (it can be hard to find ANYTHING that isn't immune to charm in some zones)
  4. Reval Augur

Another example of fun from a lore perspective, and potentially unbalancing from a gameplay perspective.
  5. Smak Augur

If a charmed animal would out damage and out tank the regular beastlord pet, then the spell could have another effect than just charming an animal, it could also cut the beastlords hit points, mana, attack, armor class, spell damage and spell healing values in half.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Mages had it so they could unsummon their pet, and charm an elemental. My impression is that it got old fast, and took away from focus for nuking etc, ending up being less effective. Not sure I agree that it fits the lore, but I don't think it is really worth it.
  7. Smak Augur

This, 100% this just for beastlord and animals instead of mages and elementals, remember charming elementals in BoT?