Link for a larger UI or way to enlarge UI?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldemangamer, May 18, 2022.

1. oldemangamer Augur

Looking at coming back for the TLP. I have a 2k monitor and the UI is just too small for me to see now.

I have searched around on the web a bit and it sounds like there is no way to scale your whole UI. I saw a link to a website with custom UI's but not sure which one to use.

In short, if I'm mistaken about enlarging the UI, can anyone tell me how, or failing that does anyone have a link to a simple UI that can be enlarged?

Thanks much.
    Chikkin likes this.
  2. Midnitewolf Augur

I honestly have it the same issue but worse. I am rocking a 48 inch Super-Ultrawide. There used to be, like many years ago, a massive modding community that made tons of custom UI mods for all resolutions but it is pretty much dead any more so I have just had to rely on the built in UI. It is not prefects but most of the UI is resizable and you can enlarge text, change fonts and such.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

There are numerous EQ Uis out there. The default UI is actually pretty cusomizeable, like hotbars and buttons can be resised, reshaped, Window densities, colors and backgrounds can be modded, maps can be made transparent / fade , chat fonts resized, even different fonts used, Not all the elements, especially moving ones, like the compass / aggro meter scale as scaling the animation proves to be more difficult data wise in real time.

Now see here:

https://www.eqinterface.com/

https://www.eqinterface.com/list.php?skinnerid=1806

Last I looked Sparxx was pretty spot on regarding urgency of updates following patches.
  4. Zansobar Augur

You can enlarge a UI by using the scaling in Windows 10. You have to run EQ in a window though for it to work. Just go to your EQGame.EXE and under properties/compatibility check the box for Override High DPI and select System Enhanced in the dropdown. This is in the newest version of Windows 10.

Then go to your display settings and set a scale factor higher than 100% and it will scale up the windows and UI in EQ that normally don't. I'm using a 55" LG 4K OLED TV as my PC display and setting it at 175% is about good enough for me.

There is also a way to adjust EQ to run in a borderless window by adjusting some Windows 10 settings and then adjusting the window and finally adjusting the EQClient.ini a small bit.
  5. Branntick Augur

EQ doesn't have a scalable UI, but I have my own UI that I've iterated on over the past few years that is designed for 1440p. That's about the only way to go.
  6. brickz Augur

This is only helpful if you want the entire OS scaled up
  7. Zansobar Augur

Yes, but it solves the problem - it makes EQ readable with any UI.

Also to point out - it does affect the entire OS UI but on my system it actually makes it smaller as 175% is lower than the recommended 300% scaling setting that I use on my setup. All you have to do is when you are done playing EQ you change one setting in your display scaling and you are back to original, but while you are playing EQ this will fix the readability issue.

Hopefully when they do a full UI engine rework early next year, they can fix it once and for all, but until then this fix works perfectly fine.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

Just a thought, play EQ full screen and change the resolution back to 1920x1080 (or whatever your monitor supports; some are 1920x1200 ) that should make everything large enough to read easily until they finish their UI re-do. (and if they're not adding UI scaling with the change.. what are they even doing)
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I'm running 1440 now, also, and it's brutal with older games like this.
  10. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Standard 1080 shouldn't distort on a 2k monitor as they are both the same aspect ratio of 16:9 but not running at target resolution can really look bad on a lot of monitors, unfortunately.
  11. Pizzanomicon Augur

I'm gonna try to get one resized in the next few days, maybe if ya'll appreciate the efforts you can toss ya boi some tips if you're on yelniak.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Jumbur likes this.
  13. oldemangamer Augur

Just got home from a rough day at work so my brain is way too fried to process all of this information, but thanks so much for all the great advice!

Tomorrow morning I will check this out, with so many suggestions I am sure I will figure something out that works.

Thanks again guys!
  14. Pizzanomicon Augur

I'm like... halfway done with my 1440p edit of a UI that I use regularly.

It won't be perfect probably, like I'm gonna actually upload it to EQUI this time and just give credit to original author and I'll update the smaller stuff when I have more time.

Upload is pending on eqinterface under the compilations category.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  15. Weejas New Member

I needed to also do this with the launchpad.exe to get it to actually scale the client, but it's working now. Thanks!