Lifetime subscription

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by YelinakIsFun, Apr 15, 2024.

1. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

When can we expect to be able to buy these again? I didn't get a chance last time.

I would like to buy 6 of these.
  2. Appren Gnomercy

Never, or not until they are close to bankrupcy again?=
  3. Numiko Augur

Doubt we will ever see it again, like the recruit a friend bonuses those were offered when EQ was owned by someone else. I'd bet the current management team hates that they ever happened.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Manafasto Augur

I would buy 1 account that is for sure.
  5. Muramx Augur

Never sadly. SoE did it just before they sold the game to DB. They did it when they were doing everything they could to find EQ next. Once I hear didn't pan out they sold it off. I doubt DB was pleased with it. I feel like if they ran the deal 3-4 more times for like a week each year...everyone would have a lifetime account.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Never, and lifetime sub promotion didn't happen under SOE but Columbus Nova.
  7. Bernel Augur

I think there's a business case for lifetime silver accounts. I have a couple and they're great for what they are. If they had a way to purchase lifetime silver, I think a lot of people would convert their free accounts to silver. Many of these would be free accounts which would never be subscribed anyway. By giving them an option to go to silver, they'd get money that they might not get anyway. Of course, some people would give up their AA accounts for lifetime silver. I'm not sure what the mix would be. My feeling is that they'd make more money over all since people would be able to have more fun playing with silver accounts than free accounts.