Levitate Useless, I Drop Like a Rock

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Venalin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Venalin Journeyman

So I just got home from a new purchase of a nice 1440p monitor, with a 144hz refresh rate. Before this upgrade, I never had any issues with everquest and levitating, but now I may as well not have levitate on!

I run off a cliff, and the angle of my fall is maybe 5-10 degrees less than if i had no levitate on at all. I have tried capping FPS all the way down to 10fps with no increase in levitate-ability. I can not find a solution posted from the past, and would love to be able to levitate, like at all.
    I can post hardware specs, but they havnt changed from previously working states.

If there is a solution at all to fixing levitate, I would love to hear it, thanks in advance for any help!
  2. svann Augur

Levitate works weirdly. If you want to stay up then go into 3rd person, angle your viewpoint up, then scoot back into first person. If its not that then idk.
  3. Venalin Journeyman

Unfortunately, that didn't work either, I tried every solution I could think of, messed around with it for a couple hours to no avail =(
  4. Raytan Augur

You didn't mention what server you play on, but if it's the test server, which was updated today, there is a known bug with levitate and it's not working. If you are on a live server, I'm not sure what the problem is. Levitate can work odd or be stripped sometimes, but I've never seen what you are describing.
  5. Venalin Journeyman

You are correct, I was unaware of the bug on test! Works fine on the live servers. Thanks for the heads up, glad to know its a bug in the game, and not with my set up. Odd that ive never once seen levitate broken, and it happened the exact day I made a change to my set up.
    Cheers!
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Levitate works differently depending on which mount you have, If you prefer to be stuck in the air forever, then I recommend using a drogmor mount.
  7. Lheo Augur

Levi up= key 9 on numlock
    Levi down= key 3 on numlock
  8. Malbro Augur

I have tried that, key 9, and it does not make any difference. Still drop like a rock.

Used to be able to stay at altitude when running from the druid ring in Dreadlands to the FV tunnel mouth, not anymore. Or anywhere else for that matter.
  9. smash Augur