Leveling Up Should Award you with Full Health, Mana, and Endurance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brontus, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

What? Do you even pay attention to what you type? No one is objecting to it, while you post your own objection.
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it can't be done. I stated that I felt it would be easy to exploit and later stated that I didn't think it would be worth the effort needed to add it in the manner suggested by adding an achievement so it could only be gained the first time you hit a level.

Edit: I misread your reply when I first read it but I am not objecting to the idea just stating my opinion that it is not worth the effort.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I'd just like to have full mana after I consume a Krono.
    No easy warning that hey, your krono's gonna expire tomorrow.
    Click Krono.
    Life is full. Mana is empty.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Not really something that does make the game better. It was not needed in 23 years so why should it now ? Just like the DING sound it would remove another nostalgic part when changing that.

As a side note the DING sound was part of a free public domain stock sound package that also other software companies did get. You can listen to many EQ sounds including DING in other games and movies.

Ding (Mega Men)

Ding (Mario)

Ding (Astar the robot from planet danger)

Commons howling noise (TES Daggerfall)

Outdoor birds (TES Daggerfall)

Rats (TES Daggerfall)
  5. kizant Augur

It's funny how some people defend the devs one minute and assume they always think things through and do what's best but then the very next minute they think the devs are so incompetent that they can't figure out how to implement an extremely simple feature without allowing it to be exploited.
    Skrab likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yup, it would be just too challenging to check for Resurrection or Revival Sickness debuffs.
    kizant likes this.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

Not sure why this would matter either way, level and get full health? Is this a problem for people? Now a days 90% of your levels happen at the Quest NPC's anyways.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Why should they do that? "It would be nice" isnt really a reason. And no thats not the same as QOL requests.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

"It would be nice," is as valid reason as any other, and often is the sole reason for a change.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok then Ill go to "this isnt wow".
    done
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Correct, this is the "Fortnite of its era," per the EG7 presentation buying DBG.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

How does that prevent strategically banking overseer rewards to ding mid-fight? I mean don't get me wrong, I actually like the spirit of your idea. But it just opens some good ol' cans of worms for creative abuse, that's all.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t see the problem. Can you explain the scenario, you’re concerned about?

I
  14. Hitmehard New Member

What are you even talking about?
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Basically, some folks want a perk they don't have to pay for.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Finite player resources (mana/endurance) are an important aspect of a lot of raid encounters. This is especially true when mana/endurance drains are in play. Especially for healers, it's also not really necessary to be max level to contribute significantly to a fight.

If a player receives a resource refill upon dinging, it can create some very odd situations. For example, let's say your clerics keep going out of mana on a long event. Since they'd now receive a mana refill when they ding, the optimal choice for them is to actually enter the fight at [max level-1] with 99% xp. They'll also have an xp overseer reward banked. They expend their entire mana pool, then claim an overseer reward, dinging them to max level and completely refilling their mana.

Of course there's plenty of fights where doing such a thing wouldn't be necessary. But this is merely one example of how this could be exploited pretty severely.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would only work if they are wearing gear that doesn't have a required level of max level for that expansion which isn't the case for most modern raid gear. Granted they could still lose the level and use banked xp to regain it for the mana gain.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, this player would sit at 119 and wait to claim Overseer rewards to ding 120 and recover full mana/hp/end?

This would restrict their access to their gear, AA, and spells. People are free to be stupid, but it would be a huge negative.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But they could take a call (or run back to the raid) instead of a rez, use the banked rewards to get max level back along with the hp/mana recovery and worry about an xp rez after the event.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Have you never heard of Revival Sickness?