Leveling path tips?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nikkifm, May 23, 2017.

1. Nikkifm New Member

Ive considered returning to everquest for the agnarr server. So i spent several hours going over a leveling path for a barbarian shaman, including zones that have useful gear. I chose babarian because i am very familiar with the starting areas and would have no trouble leveling up to about 35 without the need for super long runs or teleports.

Since it looks like barbarian is no longer a viable race for TLP, what will my leveling path look like as an ogre instead? Ive never played a character in that part of the world
  2. Grelf Journeyman

Feerott - Upper Guk - Lower Guk
  3. Sandrito Elder

Why do you say Barbadian is no longer a viable race? Just play what you like. Later on if you need to, you can race change, even to an iksar.
  4. Bailen Augur

I was wondering that too. I was playing a Barbarian on P99 and it was fine.
  5. Nikkifm New Member

Ive been reading all day how there are no mobs in everfrost anymore. One mob every 20 minutes is not viable. Other shaman-playable races cannot level up on the same path as the barb shaman. (EFP>Blackburrow>karanas/gorge>runnyeye). Has nothing to do with the race itself.
  6. Trevalon Augur

if you want the absolute optimal path with the highest ZEM places:

Newbie Yard/early Zone
    Unrest (11-21ish)
    Upper Guk (21-26ish)
    Lower Guk (26-44)
    Ocean of Tears (44+) or The Hole after it opens

Now of course there are TONS of other places to level, but IMO those are the highest ZEM zones for their respective levels and you will level fastest there.

Unfortunately Sol B is absolutely Horrendous exp. Even doing full bugs/bats is down right painful cause the exp is so bad. LGuk is significantly faster and OOT, while it is lower per mob, has a TON of mobs and can support multiple groups without ever running out of mobs to kill.
  7. Trevalon Augur

They Nerfed Everfrost and Nektulos mob count and there are almost 0 mobs in their newbie zones now, so expect to take quite a bit to get out of the newbie area for those races unless you run to Qeynos/Freeport.
  8. Malokhan Elder

gah, I dread the OOT gobbie grind for the last few levels.
    Ming Tee and Trevalon like this.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

Personally feel like hole is the best after lower guk, or as an alternative to it.
    But I "think" the hole has server wide raiding requirements before it opens? not sure.
  10. Trevalon Augur

You lie! OOT is awesome :p So nice and serine, sitting by the ocean :)
  11. Trevalon Augur

Yea Thank you for this! The hole is definitely a great place as well and a good alternative to OOT if you have a solid group and can get a docks group or something. I believe The Hole opens after Naggy/Vox die? I think so...So it'll be open by Saturday night easy and probably Friday.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Hole indeed is locked till Naggy/Vox are dead. In addition, on Phinigel/Ragefire we also had to wait for a GM/Dev to manually refresh the Paineel zone to make the zonelines function. I imagine this is because there are something like 4 different versions of The Hole.
  13. Shaidin Journeyman

I got to lvl 2 in 14 mins with a Shammy in Everfrost earlier. Didn't see many lvl 1 mobs but "without competition" it went quick. Granted there are probably only about enough mobs for 3 or 4 players and the drops are awful I only made like 6 or 7 silver... not sure I could buy my lvl 2 spell(s)

Edit* after selling a med quality wolf pelt I missed in my bag I had enough to buy 3 of my 5 lvl 1 spells....
  14. Trevalon Augur

Yea, unfortunately there will literally be 100s of players running around on launch. If you haven't experience a TLP launch your in for a treat, its amazing to literally see hundreds of players in all the newbie yards.

Picks will help, but expect no less than 30+ per pick so those newbie zones are gonna be tough to level in. My suggestion for Barbs is Risk it and run for Qeynos, you'll probably level faster even if you die a few times trying.
  15. Trevalon Augur

so It may not be till Tuesday that it gets turned out depending if a GM gets on or not over the weekend or we can manage to crash the server!
  16. Malokhan Elder

[IMG]
  17. Memnarch New Member

How bad is fighting for mobs in the newbie zones? Like... Will there be people standing around waiting for spawns and you have to quickly snag one before someone else does? Ugh... I'm not looking forward to that.
  18. Rolento23 Journeyman

You can forget leveling in one of the nerfed zones that was mentioned in the now locked thread. Will there be people standing for spawns? Lets just say its run around and tag anything you can see because there are 100 others trying to do the same.

I planned on going a DE, but i may save myself the hassle of running from Nek to FP and just make a stupid human. HAD the zones been fixed and mobs restored to the way it was on RF/LJ/Phinny. Then leveling in Nek/Halas would have been fine
  19. Memnarch New Member

Ahh okay. How is Toxx as a newbie zone on TLP's? I was gonna roll Erudite.
  20. U mad brah? New Member

If DBG does not have those newbie zones fixed by launch, they do not deserve to have customers, pure and simple. The video footage shows and proves there is a problem and for them to ignore and deny it is completely unacceptable.
    Bailen and Deadshade like this.