level up mercenary?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Donna DeGroot, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Donna DeGroot New Member

After playing my druid to level 57 I created an 85 heroic toon.
    I do not know how to get my existing mercenary to that level.
    I went to Investigator Drolmer in Summer Ferrott for the mercenary upgrade quest and he
    said "i have nothing for you".
    I can not use this mercenary as she dies when tanking level 80 mobs.
    Any suggestions
    TY
  2. phattoni Augur

they level automatically, most likely what is happening is you are using an apprentice mercenary, goto merc vendor and there is a drop down box, drop it down and select the highest level of journeyman you can.

this only works if you are a gold member too.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your an all access/gold when you go heroic the J5 merc quest is automatically in your quest list. Did you look there? That is why Drolmer is saying "I have nothing for you" You already have the quest - just need to go do it.

Don't forget to do all the quests in Feerott for the heroic augs too. Those are just for heroic characters.
  4. Donna DeGroot New Member

Thank you both. I found the quest and completed it and I now have a J5 merc
  5. Annastasya Augur

At 85 the mercenaries, even the highest tier ones, are not the powerhouse vs. same level monsters that they are at levels 1-50 or so. From about level 70 and every 5ish levels thereafter (and any upward change of expansion setting regardless of level increase or not) the npcs gain substantial power over mercenaries and they need increasing support to stand up to the punishment.