Level 93 Druid looking for helping soloing valley

Discussion in 'Priests' started by EMarr.Goldbug, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Since this thread is strictly about Quint kiting, I will focus on that:

Focus Effects that are important for Quint:

1. Detrimental preservation (shoulders) - The more mana you save, the longer you can go without a break
    2. Detrimental haste (legs) - The faster you cast, the more mobs you can kill.
    30. Detrimental range (face) - This is semi useful but if you are getting so far away that you are having your range focus actually flicker, you are doing it wrong. You should kite in tighter balls, stutter stepping during the generic 1.5s spell cool down.

All damage Focii are irrelevant for AE spells. For Quint kiting purposes, all beneficial Focii are irrelevant also.

Spells:

1. Heliacal Fire (96) - Fire AE
    2. Frosthowl Chill (97) - Ice AE
    3. Heliacal Flare (91) - Fire AE
    4. Lunar Chill (92) - Ice AE
    5. Twincast (85) - Twincast
    6. Wildspark Aura (97) - DD Aura
    7. Harvesting Inferno (82) - Optional - Killshot Nuke

All 4 AEs have a 12s Recast and 3s Cast time base. They are listed in order of highest DMG.
    Twincast will give you 4-6 AEs worth of twincast (3 tics worth), with a recast of about 5min
    Aura will proc a small DD on your target each time you cast an AE -- if you have more than 5 mobs together this can nuke one of the mobs not getting hit by the AE
    Harvesting Inferno is really a personal preference spell. The way I use it is if I have a mob at 0-1% HP I will use Harvesting to kill it. This gives me a 40s buff that grants 40% Critical Blast rate. With innate AAs and Black Wolf this puts you near 90%~. Mainly I will do this and then use improved twincast and get all 40s of that high crit rate twincasting. Keep in mind if you already have IT up this will eat a charge when cast so try to cast it before using IT.

AAs:

Duration:
    Spell Casting Mastery 4 - 15% Mana Preservation
    Gift of Mana 9 - Free Spell Casts
    Spell Casting Reinforcement 5 - 80% Buff extension, Extends black wolf from 2 min to 3.5 min
    Spirit of the Black Wolf 7 - 18% Mana Preservation, 12% Critical blast rate, Double Critical blast DMG, 90 mana regen
    Group Spirit of the Black Wolf 4 - 12% Mana Preservation, 9% Critical blast rate, Double Critical blast DMG, 50 mana regen
    Hastened Lycan Soul 5 - Drops Black Wolf recast from 10 min to 7.5 min
    Secondary Forte - Increase cap on a secondary specialization (I assume you are Alt primary and Evocation secondary)
    Mental Clarity X - Mana Regen
    Expansive Mind X - Mana Regen
    Innate Enlightenment 5 - 50 More Wis cap
    Planar Power 20 - 100 More Wis cap
    Planar Wisdom 40 - 200 More Wis cap

Damage:
    Quick Damage 5 - 20% Spell Haste on Nukes
    Spell Casting Fury 3 - 7% Critical Blast Rate
    Fury of Magic 24 - 36% Critical Blast Rate
    Destructive Fury - 3.30 Modifier on Critical Blasts (Normal Critical Blasts do 2.0 modifier. A nuke for 100 does 200. With DF maxed it would do 330.)
    Wrath of the Forest Walker 10 - Extra 1000 DMG to all spell casts
    Improved Twincast 4 - 16 Charges of Twincast
    Hastened Twincast 5 - Drops IT recast from 30 min to 20 min
    First Spire of Nature 3 - 21% Critical Blast Rate, 1.5 min duration, 10 min recast
    Storm Strike 21 - 22k DD, 0.5s cast time
    Hastened Storm Strike 8 - Reduces Storm Strike recast from 30s to 15s
    Empowered Focus of Arcanum - Reduces resists on spells for 5 min, 10 min recast.

Utility:
    Innate Camoflague - Because
    Communion of the Cheetah - Run Speed
    Entrap 4 - Faster Casting snare
    Veil of the Underbrush - Fade
    Perfected Levitate - Always Lev
    Preincarnation 2 - Death Save

I lists them top down in importance.

I'd suggest getting all of the Utility, Preincarnation is optional but nice if you lag a lot... If not just don't get hit.
    Then do All of Duration up through SOME of Mental Clarity/Expansive Mind
    Then do All of Damage AAs.

Backfill with the mana pool AAs. Everything else won't help you quint better just so other areas of the game... But again this is assuming you're interested in maximizing your ability to solo with quint kiting.

Gear:

1. Prayer Shawl - Best aug available as it expands your mana pool hugely. It isn't required, but it sure helps (because of all the work involved to get it)
    2. Mana Return augs - Return 80-100 mana each time they proc. can only put in wielding slots. Primary/Secondary
    3. Specialization Evocation 15% aug - Increases mana pres by about 2%.... Look for Tweyne's aug. The LDoN raid is easily solo able at 95-100. It is Type 8 so you need one piece of raid gear
    4. Spell Damage - not gear persay bit it's the most important stat for Quint kiting. So focus on this for gearing if you intend on quinting a lot

Strategy:

Basically set yourself up with all the mana regen buffs you can find. Self Skin, Mask and Knowledge of Power clicky. Getting Enchanter Foresight is a solid 100 mana regen. Beastlord spiritual evolution is 70 mana regen. Also find yourself a Large mod rod. If you can find these, distillate of clarity/spirituality are vendor bought potions which add 40-45 mana regen together. Clearly inferior to spell buffs but better than nothing.

Always keep Cheetah and Levitate on for movement. Being able to more quickly put distance between you and your quad will allow you to run less and cast more. Keep Black Wolf up as much as possible. Whenever single ends cast group and vice versa.

Buff up with Wildspark Aura and start pulling mobs with Entrap. This is where I would suggest multibind. Set your first four spell gems to be the AEs, and change a hotkey so that all 4 of them are triggered by that hotkey. I personally use Q. So Cast1-4 all have a secondary hotkey of Q.

I also set up my hot bar so that 1 = Cheetah, 2 = Entrap and 4 = Storm Strike. This way all my often users abilities are near the same part of the keyboard

Pull about 10 mobs with Entrap and start AEing. Try to keep your pack around 10 always. This way when stuff dies you are always hitting all 5 targets.

Utilize Storm strike as much as you can. There are three ways to do this:

1. Use Storm Strike to kill the top mob on your extended target window so that you don't have its entrap end
    2. Use Storm Strike on the mob of the current five whose HP is highest so that all 5 are dying around the same time
    3. Use Storm Strike on whatever mob is about 75% to get that extra hit of damage.

I tend to do #3. But it is really personal preference.

Locations:

92-95:
    1. Valley - Farmers are alarans so they increase your tear and are easy to pull. Low mob count and hot zone make it often contested
    2. Beasts - Gators at the south end of the zone or gorillas to the north are your best bets. The exp isn't extraordinary but it is often in not camped
    3. Windsong - Braxi/wind runners in the center of the zone are excellent quinting targets. This is about the best VoA exp available. There are plenty of mobs to support 1-2 quint kiters. One downside is the fliqua (bat mobs) cast so they will move out of your kite ball. Protip - Windsong1 group mission has a fully populated zone, however the fliqua do not cast in the instance. They however will start to run if they are the only fliqua present (different faction group than other animals)
    4. Erillion - Citizens in the city are great for quadding. They will provide exp for your tear as they are alaran, and the exp is pretty good. The main issue with this zone is the guards who summon. You have to get used to snare/rooting the guards and fading so you have room to work with.

96-100:
    1. Eastern Wastes - Great zone, plenty of mobs, most are animals however there are two different types KoS (wolves, cougar, griffins) and non KoS (bunnies, rhinos, mammoths). Also orcs and snow dervish are KoS. None of these mobs summon and all are snare able (those listed). Find an area that is heavily trafficked and set up camp. This method requires you to be aware of your surroundings and snare new mobs as they aggro you. I have two annoyances with this camp - the cougars are faster than the other mobs so they separate from your kite ball and griffins cast bad ranger spells so they separate also.
    2. Plane of Shadows - Corrupted Akhevans are great for kiting also. All are 100-101 so they yield good exp. There are only about 40~ of them in the large circular room in the NE section of the map and the hallways leading to it so a well geared/AA'd Druid can run out of mobs. They also drop a collection set which I don't see sold much so you can turn some money on this camp. My main annoyance in the camp is the non-KoS Luclin fighters that randomly will get hit by my AE if my kite ball is passing through one of them. So pay attention to that. The non-KoS don't summon but they do cast which makes them annoying.
    3. Evantil - Wretched alaran and frogs. This area is extremely tough to pull. Generally I'll go up a few levels in the big tree and pet guard my bear near an alaran then move down a level and attack. Then I'll run down to the main level. This gets you and enormous train. It takes awhile to snare them all... But once all are snared you are set for 15 minutes of straight nuking. These give exp for your tear and they drop a collection set as well. Again making money is possible here.

Personally I like switching between all 3 RoF options. To keep it interesting. They all have their pros and cons. I try to mix in exp gain / tear evolution / tradeskill drops / collection drops so I've been doing PoS/Evantil recently. But EW is fun as well!

Go forth, prosper.

Piestro where is my edit button since I'm sure my phone autocorrect something?
    Iila and Crystilla like this.
  2. Iila Augur

You wrote all that on your PHONE?
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Fear my texting prowess.

Yea... There were a few lulls during my 14 hour work day yesterday...
  4. EMarr.Goldbug Journeyman

Thank you for all the information. I appreciate the help.
  5. Cibby New Member

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1333393

Take a look at my gear & see if you can pick up some of the items. My guild mate can make you the weapon. I can do a round of 5 & still have 50m left & that is usually w potions. Always use cheetah then the mobs won't be so close. I was super scared to quint too but like you started w 1-3 then 5. The mobs where there are two close entrap one & run then use extended target window to target the other then ensnare him. Speedi I believe taught my friend Amberyl who then taught me :)