Level 100 Heroic Characters Are Almost Here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we at least get the non Tradeskill items removed from DoN forage and kills then please? Farming Steaming Water is a huge pitta and there are a lot of items in that expansion still marked as TS which are no longer used in any tradeskills.

A lot of forage tables could really do with a major clean up of junk, which have no use and are unsellable. If I'm not a druid or a ranger I really do not need a no drop flower!
    Rijacki, Skuz and Jumbur like this.
  2. Bobokin Augur

But you are interjecting. We assume this is your $.02.

They could, but isn't that a straw man? We could beat that one all day and night.

EQ2 often includes a high level character in expansion packages at no extra charge, so there is precedent for Daybreak doing just the opposite is this regard.

I think we all agree on that point, but in this case, I think most players are asking how far level 85 was to the max level when heroics were introduced compared to level 100 now. Was the max at 105 back then?

I generally do not use Heroic characters, and I likely will not now either, but those are points to consider.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think level 100 Heroic chars are 3 or 4 years too late, we should now be looking at level 110/115 heroics.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The real issue here is that "Forage", is an extremely boring timesink that adds nothing worthwhile to the game.
    They should just change the whole forage mechanic to something more entertaining imho. Or if they are feeling lazy, drastically reduce the skill cooldown.

At level 100 the more advanced trophy quests are not more "challenging", they just have longer timesinks. If all the trophy quests were equally fun, this wouldn't be an issue.
    Marton, Sancus and Skuz like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

And if everyone was actually given a level 100 toon for free, you'd have a point.

But they're NOT free...you have to pay for them. You're paying to get a toon with the level appropriate gear, AA, and spells. Why does it stop there and not include tradeskills? You're paying for it...you should get the level appropriate tradeskill items.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Tradeskills are a choice the player makes. Some actually do not do tradeskills so what use would that be to them? They may want raid items instead. Since its a choice then it should not be included in the price.

The price is not for a fully formed 100% complete character.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Tradeskills (specifically max trade skills) are needed to make the best items in game including raid ones in later expansions. Some of those items are only usable by the person making them and others can be used by others to combine and get the best raid items. If someone wants to get the best items in the game they will need to work on their tradeskills. Not to mention there have been quests that are needed for raiding that have required tradeskills in the past.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EverQuest 2 suffers from what some would characterize as a severe power curve. This problem is compounded by a smaller population base. EverQuest 1 is not subject to those same dynamics.

Level 85 Heroic Characters were introduced in March 2014. The contemporary expansion was Call of the Forsaken with a maximum level of 100.

The 5 level disparity could be explained by either the initial start time for this Heroic Character's development, past data (felt overpowered), or future plans (slower level increases).

If they offered level 110 or 115 Heroic Characters some people would criticize their sale as a obligatory paywall. Level 100 comes off more as a non-obligatory convenience.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Or add more of the low level tradeskill items to merchants in high level places... Taelosian Tea Leaves (and the mountain ones) are my bane along with the Steaming water.

Though I would really love for the "tradeskill' tag to be removed from items that aren't and added to a few that are but are missing it.
  10. Moak The Most High

I really think that adding a heroic upgrade option in the DB store to upgrade a 85 heroic slot to a 100 heroic slot would make sense. If for nothing else it would get rid of the older 85 slots over time.
    Joules_Bianchi and Stymie like this.
  11. Bernel Augur

I agree. And I think it would make financial sense as well. I kind of think they would overall make more from 85->100 upgrade purchases rather than H100 purchases. Lots of existing people who wouldn't buy a H100 for 4000 DBC would probably do a H85-> H100 upgrade if it cost something like 1000-1500 DBC. The existing customers likely have many high level characters and could PL their H85 to 100 without too much trouble. Or even PL 0->100. These people don't need to spend 4000 DBC for a H100 since they can get a L100 character relatively easily. But if they could pop a H85->H100 for a few DBC, I would think many of them would jump at that offer. But I would limit the upgrade to just people who purchased an H85 rather than got an H85 slot for free. I don't think free H85's should be eligible since there are people with dozens or hundreds of those.
    Avolon Summers likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would only make financial sense if it was limited to the heroic upgrades that purchased and not one of the many free ones that they have given out.
    Avolon Summers likes this.
  13. Bernel Augur

Yeah. I agree. There are too many free ones in circulation. People created loads of free accounts just to get the H85 slot. The person got it for free, so they are lucky to have it even if it's just H85.
  14. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

That works for those of us that know how that works. But for someone returning, and they see the level 100 heroic, plop down money for it and heroic up straight out the tutorial isn't going to know this.
    Marton and Hobitses like this.
  15. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

When I came back to the game, most of my skills were at roughly 200+. I leveled them to 300 before I even heard about the trophies. Was getting the materials for the T6 trophy hard? No, not in the sense that I had to go into current content to farm the materials. But they were significantly more rare than the beginner's trophy, and the failure of the combinations much higher. The higher the trophy, the more rare the materials needed, and the time-sink to do them gets greater. So, unless a returning player, or a new player, knows about having to get the beginner's trophies first before heroicing up, this could cause some to become upset.

Qwalla did say in this thread a few times that the trophy quest would match the tradeskill level, but I think it should be made clear somewhere that this will happen so that someone doesn't jump in without knowing to ask questions about it first.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

A skill appropriate trophy (sorry, I don't know which one corresponds to 150 skill) is not a fully evolved trophy, so giving those trophies would mean you're STILL not getting a 100% complete character.

You're paying for a character that IS complete at level 100...just make the tradeskill aspect of what you're paying for match everything else.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not sure Shards Landing is the best zone to start level 100 Heroic Chars.

My personal choice would be Ethernere at the Camp with the vendors. The camp has gear to purchase for upgrades with currency from doing HAs and they also have those all important augs. It is also the expansion which kicks off the Heroic AAs.

My advice to anyone starting a heroic char, forget RoF and head straight to CotF.
    Jumbur likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I agree with you about CotF being a better expansion to start with. However Shards Landing might be a more gentle startzone for people who are still getting used to the UI and abilities. Weak-cons in SL are an excellent warmup/testbed, while adjusting stuff. But once the game is configured to your tastes, skip ahead to EWK. :)

(Did they ever adjust that roaming mob in EWK that paths through the camp? It is deadly, if it catches you while you battle the UI-settings) :p
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not that I'm aware of. There's that roaming named mob that can jump toons exiting Marla's tasks, and one of the currency merchants is too close to the weak con mobs. If someone isn't paying attention, they can easily get swarmed.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not just the one, Roon or Shroon or whatever at Marla's camp but they path up by Brother Estle. I learned fast that when either of those are the daily HA to go invis before asking Teek to "send me":D

I think Shards Landing is a much more suitable spot since its in the middle of a crater (watch that hole) and a banker npc with the others. Good quests in there too.
    Harvas likes this.