let's talk about how we can do kunark right

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Xanadas Augur

Particularly I'm thinking about how Old Seb was unlocked on beta. If the server is going to be in Kunark for 6 months, surely the population can endure the horrors of... ahh... man I can hardly say this... doing a key quest. There, I've said it.
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

It took a couple weeks to get keyed on Xegony back in the day, with only 2k population. TT would need to be instanced, but it has a Dragon.
  3. taliefer Augur

key quest worked fine on fippy and it was required. it wasnt needed on beta, because...it was beta.
  4. Kegwell Lurker since '99

It's not that it doesn't work, it's that there will be 4k people trying to get their keys at same time, Fippy doesn't have 4k people.
  5. MaestroM Augur

TT has a dragon?

Key to seb quest takes like an hour if you have a good ranger (tt cycles are all instant spawn iirc). I don't imagine it being much of an issue. That being said there is no reason no to overflow instance tt
    Ducreux likes this.
  6. Pikallo Augur

So in order to "do kunark right", we just need to decide whether or not players are going to have to kill 2 roaming level 45 frogloks in a zone that could easily be instanced?
  7. Dark_Intentions Augur

Karnor's has a boss in it, and it is one of the main leveling dungeons in Kunark. It HAS to be instanced, or it will be a true nightmare. Nobody will ever be able to get a group there. You think that having a boss on lockdown is bad? Think of top guilds having an entire zone on lockdown, because they don't want to share it.

Something will have to be done.
  8. Zublak Augur

I could be mistaken, but I thought EJ had the dragon, who was it, Sev? The one with the green scales.
    Elkay likes this.
  9. taliefer Augur

hunters and foragers spawn all over the place. and there are no raid targets in trakanons teeth, so it will probably be instanced via /pick anyway
  10. Silv Augur

Correct.
    Xanadas likes this.
  11. Kegwell Lurker since '99

O yes, Sev, wrong zone, been 15 years..
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

More than two spawn, and respawn rate is super fast for them. Something absurd like 30seconds.
  13. liveitup1216 Augur

Exp in KC is awful, and always has been. It's hardly a main leveling dungeon. It's more like a last resort... its just easy to access via DL ports.
  14. Pikallo Augur

I was just saying, regardless of how many spawn(or what their respawn is), that the quest is really easy and only requires you to kill 2 separate low level mobs and was making a point that it is absurd to think that this quest will have any impact on whether or not Kunark is successful.
  15. vardune Augur

DBGs need to instance all zones up to Luclin. They also need to come up with raid flagging and instancing for all raid zone. That is the only way they will maintain a healthy population.
  16. liveitup1216 Augur

Ah I see, I thought you were saying the opposite (that its a bottleneck). It'll take all of like 15-20 min to get a full group keyed. Without instancing. With 200 people in zone.
  17. gander Augur

Seb is keyed and if it takes us six months to get to Kunark, I feel sorry for this server.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

The timer for Kunark vote has already started, and will occur the week before US Thanksgiving holiday, give or take a day or two. Whether or not that passes... Personally, I want it to pass, I like the content in Kunark, and I can't wait to see the carnage brought on by instances full of trains in Karnor's lol.