Lesson of the Devoted not giving enough experience?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JacLuc, Feb 15, 2022.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I am in Basilica of Adumbration, 120 Beastlord with the 119 pet, only me in the group, no merc. Solo killing "a shrewd abettor of Luclin" trying to farm the collection drops. Without Lesson, I get 4AA per kill. With Lesson I got 5AA per kill. If Lesson gives 100% increase for duration, shouldn't I get 8AA per kill while it is running?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. strongbus Augur

might be out of date but when killing think 5 aa is max you can get on a per kill gain. cause even with out lesson in a group i can get 5 aa for killing a named and still only get 5 even with lesson going.
    Cadman, Yinla, Qimble and 5 others like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

The math is wrong here.

First off, what strongbus said has been my experience -- soloing dark blues with Lesson + vitality I was only getting 5aa.

Secondly, Lesson (and other experience bonus adds) only affect the base experience. There's ZEM that doesn't take into account, and I am unsure if Firiona's server bonus also receives doubling or not from Lesson of the Devoted, but I would guess it does not. In this case, 4aa per kill would probably turn into something around 6-7aa per kill if not for a 5aa cap.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Qimble Augur

Yup 5 is the general cap for AA gain from kills. Lessons does not allow you exceed this, so killing anything that gives more 2.5 AA per kill without lessons is wasteful while running lessons.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They really should up the cap on AA per kill.
    Cadman likes this.
  6. Cadman Elder

Agreed - same thing happens with fellowship sharing - hit the 5aa cap almost every time, presumably it ends up wasting vitality.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Guess you missed out when RoS was released and the exp from golems was so large it was overflowing 32bit integer and granting way less exp than it should have. They had to fix it so the code wouldn't overflow, thus the "5 AA limit". Theoretically this could now go higher with 64bit int, but whether they want to by design or not.
  8. Qimble Augur

5 seems fine to me personally, it might be low for a fast TLP like Selos but for live that should be plenty.