Lesser Blade Fiend

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Twinnrova, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Twinnrova Journeyman

Does anyone know how long it takes the lesser blade fiend to spawn in Unrest? The Internet is conflicting and I've been camping for a while! I'm on Aradune if it matters.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

As with almost every rare spawn in EQ, it's quite random. Could be one spawn cycle. Could be a week. In my personal experience that is by far the most uncommon named spawn in Unrest. Only saw it a handful of times in leveling several characters through there on various TLP's, while I saw the other named dozens of times. I'd expect to be there several hours if I went back to complete the hunter achievement.
  3. Gleamz New Member

This is part of the hunters achievement and I've hunted him 3 times on 3 chars. He does have a placeholder by the doors at the back of the building and I've managed to 'pop' him within 3 hours or so each time I've gone looking for him.

He DOES wander though if you leave him too long.
  4. Twinnrova Journeyman

Thank you for the responses! Do I need to continuously clear the room to get him to spawn?
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Pretty sure it's technically just the one PH that spawns in the back room and then wanders away. But yeah, if you just sit in that room and keep everything clear it'll show eventually.
  6. Twinnrova Journeyman

Awesome, thank you all for the advice! I've spent several hours here, but I wasn't clearing everything. I'm about two hours in now with continuously clearing the room, just hanging out! Looking for the hunter achievement :)
  7. Gleamz New Member

Good luck. Unrest was one of the first zones that I did (after Butcherblock) and it's quite a good one to prepare you for the hours of loneliness that the Hunter achievement will require (unless you lucked out and are doing it as part of a raid).

Just wait until Vaniki....
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

It may be different from Aradune, but I like this place.
    I killed roaming bugs and undead here and spawned a lesser blade fiend.
    [IMG]
    Twinnrova and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  9. Karanthal Augur

It is super rare. I leveled from 10-30 in unrest on Phinny, Agnarr and Mangler and saw it once in the downstairs corridors.
  10. Twinnrova Journeyman

I've been hunting for a few hours on and off across several days with no sighting. I'm probably going to have to pull some long shifts to get it. Thanks to all for the responses!
  11. Twinnrova Journeyman

12 hours and 33 minutes camped today so far and no sign.
  12. Twinnrova Journeyman

Found it and killed it! 12 hours and 45 minutes of camping and it popped! I was so ecstatic, and now I have the Hunter of the Estate of Unrest achievement unlocked! :)
    Gleamz, Thunderkiks and Rondor like this.
  13. Gleamz New Member

Glad you managed to get it. Don't let the time taken to get it grind you down otherwise you may as well give up on many of the other achievements - some of them are extremely difficult in terms of spawning the mob or just having to be lucky.

I had to set an alarm for 0345 (I'm in UK) after a server reset to get Vaniki (fortunately the other chap that had the same idea agreed to join /raid with me so we could cover all his spawn positions). He actually spawned in front of me so we were lucky.

However, some zones like Lesser Faydark has some named that I've spent days on, and off, to get them to spawn (Crookstinger, Mina Glimmerwing and Queen Nasheeji and they never seem to appear.

Others like Castle Mistmoore I did in about 2 hours - maybe I was just lucky with the spawns.

Good luck!