Legends of Norrath Card Game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smoky, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Link to Bonzz discord channel that has a lot of the artwork.

https://discord.com/channels/814622626822881280/867607802381991966

You can also just go into the [ EQ \ uifiles \ default \ overseer ] and browse them. You can open them with or download a viewer that supports photoshop.
  2. ChiiChii Augur

Did the LON card prize packs disappear from the Marketplace? Cos..I don't see them available anymore. :(
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They come and go.
  4. ChiiChii Augur

Dang...! You'd think there would be an announcement somewhere about the removal of a marketplace item. They were in rotation all 2022. Now we wait until next time.....when? Anyone know? :(
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

What urked a lot of LoN players, was when they started restricting "old" cards.

You can't you user plague rat from Oathbound, you have to buy Dragon brood and get the EXACT SAME PLAGUE RAT in order to use it.

I can understand that type of thing for tournament rules and whatnot, but it really soured the whole LoN experience for primary EQ/EQ2 players.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They still showed as an option on the monthly claim for me yesterday but did not check the rest of marketplace. I try and resist temptation and save up my DBC for other stuff:)

But they usually disappear around this time of year until we all complain a lot and get a dev's attention.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  7. ChiiChii Augur

FFaaakkkk :( Thank you for that. I love the prizes from there, except some of the nimbus's which don't stack with jann's veil. oh well
  8. TheRealMuramx Elder

I liked LoN and all the prizes and was disappointed it was gone. I was really disappointed I lost all the prizes that I hadn't claimed because I was deployed and couldn't claim them....
  9. Brickhaus Augur

When people try to argue that the game is in solid hands, this is the type of counter example I would use.

No LoN packs available in marketplace.

No heritage crates available in marketplace.

Nothing listed at all in New and Featured in marketplace.

If you want to make money, you need to have product. Where's our product?
  10. Cicelee Augur

I still have a bunch of individual LON cards from Kunark. I think I had a Trakanon card, for example, that I assume I never clicked? So it just remains a semi artifact in one of my bags in the bank...
  11. Serqet New Member

I would more or less give anything to have LON back..I've even asked about in the scene to see if it could be brought back that way.. I miss this card game so much that I've even tried to get friends to physically remake this so we could play. The raid decks were so very fun to play. I had the earliest sets entirely collected and foiled including the ..mythics forgot what they were called :'(. PLEASEEE <3..don't even need to make new content for it..just turn it on.
  12. Captain Video Augur

It can't come back...

LoN and its sister-game SWG:TCG were both thinly-disguised reskins of another game called Auto Assault TCG, designed by a known card game builder named Paul Dennen, before he was hired by SOE in Denver. The IP rights of both of those CCGs were murky, as ownership of Auto Assault was claimed by Worlds Apart, where Dennen had been working at the time. Some sort of licensing deal had been arranged, which ended when Smed pulled the plug on LoN in 2016. SWG:TCG ended earlier, at the same time as the SWG MMO, due to the Star Wars IP status. Dennen left SOE in Dec 2010, and Smed shut down the Denver studio in March 2011, ending several other SOE-published online strategy games in the process. Subsequent development for LoN, such as it was, transferred to the San Diego studio up until the game's closure.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am not in any way implying that you are at all wrong, but do you have a source that you can cite for this? I am fairly curious about this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Closure of the Denver studio was well-documented in the gaming press. SOE's acquisition of some but not all of the assets of Worlds Apart in 2006 (which is how the SOE Denver studio came to be in the first place), and subsequent disputes over IP rights, were not as well documented in the press. The original SOE forums had a separate strategy gaming section, in which many related topics were discussed at length, and that has, sadly, not been preserved. I was able to re-check some dates by looking at Dennen's LinkedIn page, which is reasonably current.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I don't doubt you but I am looking for a link to read more. I can also contact the authors of any articles for more info.
  16. Koveras Elder

If players to this day still happen to have Legend of Norrath Loot Cards that still sit in the bank to this day, what can we really do with them if all there gonna do is sit in the bank as we click them to claim nothing?

Legends of Norrath should of been brought up as a offline game with online being completely optional, I mean look at Lords of EverQuest since that was brought up as stand-alone.
  17. Vewdue Elder

LoN was fun! As others have said some of those raids were actually pretty fun/hard. My biggest issue was finding enough people good enough to beat them, I managed to beat most of them I think, but it got shut down before I could beat them all. I definitely miss playing it, it was a good time killer when not doing much in game.