Legacy bonus only triggers if you are the one that aggros 1st and have it

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Runes Augur

This needs to be fixed like asap, people work hard to level alts up on same account to max level to get legacy bonus but its zero if the puller does not have a legacy bonus. Why is this not being hot fixed, its a major bait and switch from what was advertised as a big selling point for the server.

Its not a visual bug either because I tested it seeing what the xp bonus was when our puller pulled a specific level with no legacy bonus and when I aggroed the same level mob 1st and I got a higher exp bonus and also looked at the %s increase on my character window and the %s increase showing as an exp gain matched what the bar increased. And no, solution is not for me to pull because I am playing non puller classes and no one had leveled up during the testing or changed people
    Litoeon likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If this is really a bug you should post it in the bug forum for better visibility.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Meeko already said it was just a display issue and not really an issue. The % in the chat is a display and can be inaccurate.
  4. Relyn Lorekeeper

There is no bug. I tested it also when someone in my group brought this issue up. Whether I pulled or did nothing to the mob that anyone else pulled (legacy and non legacy), I always got more experience than the non legacy person by the same 10%. I got no extra bonus for pulling, nor did I not get my normal bonus when not pulling.

Non Legacy people, while they got the message, always got less experience than me. There is no bug beyond being a display issue. Even then, it still showed the correct amount of experience they got. Also sometimes I wouldn't receive the legacy message, but my experience was still more than the non legacy.
  5. Runes Augur

Except that I tested it over 20 mobs all the same levels with either the non legacy player pulling aggro 1st and then I pulled the same level mobs, in all cases i got less xp on the same mob when the non legacy person aggrod versus when I did.

I also checked the display versus the xp gains on the exp bar and they supported my outcomes exactly.

I did post in the bugs folder but also posting here to raise awareness and maybe more people can report their bugs and get some action on this.
  6. Comaboy New Member

This is still a bug. If a person with 4 50s pulls, everyone gets his 40% bonus. If someone with no 50s pulls, noone gets a bonus even if they have a 50. It's not a display bug either, the XP message matches the change to the XP bar before and after the kill. Tested and confirmed multiple times on accounts having varying number of 50s.
  7. Risiko Augur

This really needs a dev to check it because players saying it is or is not working isn't really proof either way. We need a dev to test it thoroughly and let us know if in fact the actual numbers are working or not depending on if a legacy bonus character pulls or not in the group.

I'd be curious to know the results of a couple scenarios:

1. group pulls with a non-legacy bonus character, does another character with 10% legacy bonus in the group actually get 10% more experience than the non-legacy characters in the group
    2. group pulls with a 10% legacy bonus character. Does a 50% legacy bonus character in the same group actually get 50% more experience or instead gets 10% more experience because the 10% character pulled
  8. Relyn Lorekeeper

Don't know what to say. Every time I check it is accurate. I even had it where I was the group leader, someone else was leader, where I am marked as puller, someone else is, no one is and it is always the same with me getting 10% more exp than non legacy players.

As far as what comaboy said, I never saw people's exp displaying different, just the bonus exp message was extra. If they got the message received 2.0% exp with legacy bonus. They really got 2.0%. I got 2.2% with legacy bonus message.

I remember even having an argument with a guy in group who insisted he was getting the bonus even when he always got less exp than me. That was how all this testing started lol. /shrug
  9. Litoeon Lorekeeper

Friend an I are testing this as well on an account with 30% and 10%
    Made an Ogre SK on the 30%
    Friend made an Ogre Shaman on the 10%
    If the shaman engages first on a lvl 1 mob Shaman gets 4.6 / Sk gets 5.7
    If the SK engages first on a lvl 1 mob Sk gets 7.1 / Shaman gets 5.7

It's broken and needs to be looked at. We were getting the correct amount of exp it was telling us as well from kill to kill and the difference in numbers makes no sense If the system is working correctly.