LDoN Request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

Would it be possible to award 5 wins and 750-1000 points for each raid you complete?

I know tools exists to automate your way through to the requisite 370 or so wins, but the struggle is real and a decent bump in win totals via raids would be a huge QoL improvement from the 120-150 hours (likely more if you don’t run a constant group/box) of required grinding to fill out the LDoN Charm augment.
    Kaedra likes this.
  2. Belit Lorekeeper

This is a very good idea and I can absolutely support this.

We are running several weekly LDoN raids over and over again but it is hard to find people LFG for improving the charm aug.
    I could box my way through the adventures like most on RF and LJ but like me most people I talked about "dungeon crawling" only want to do it with full real group and thus at least 5-6 wins per hour.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You guys have 6 months per expansion... you have plenty of time to max that Augment. The next charm Augment is Slipgears in DoDH. What's that? 2 years away at this point for Ragefire and Lockjaw?

Also awarding 5 wins and 750 free points for a single raid is absurd. At best you could hope for 1 win and the associated points but the raid instances are now DZs, not adventures so I'm not sure how easy / feasible such a cross over would be. I like the underlying idea where raiding progression gives you Group progression like many of the later expansions allowed for, starting in HoT iirc. But asking for 5 wins and 750 points for doing Frozen Nightmare or some of the easy Raids is very imbalanced.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

Why in gods name would you need so many points in ldon?
  5. Zapsos Augur

I agree the points are pointless, but maxing the aug is painful
  6. Machentoo Augur

Not any more, believe they changed it to 3 months per for RF/LJ.
  7. Ryak Augur

It's very doable in 3 months. Just make sure you aren't being tempted to do Hards or the longer mission styles which award more points.

The points don't matter by the time you get enough wins you will have more than enough so your #1 priority needs to be win speed above all else if you want the aug.

Also, your group makeup can be very unconventional. A paladin with 5 dps classes is probably the ideal group makeup for clearing these quickly.
  8. Zapsos Augur

4 monks, a bard and a shaman FTW
  9. Ryak Augur

Though as time winds on, the number of people interested in doing LDONs drops and you have to take what you can get. I had a group in deepest guk with 4 clerics, and 2 necros at one point o_O which actually worked ok since it's probably 85% undead there.

Another tip: Necros can charm mummies in 'normal' BB missions. Druids can charm wolves in 'normal' Ruj. Mages in 'normal' Takish. Enchanters can charm everywhere, obviously. I forget whether bards could charm or not.

This is yet another reason to exclusively do normals, if you didn't already have enough reasons.
  10. snailish Augur

Is LDoN XP rate set where it was when new?

Seems like it was amazing for leveling/AA back then which further incentivizes it staying busy.

Been ages since I did one, does the adventure giver port you into the mission yet? Seems pointless to run all the way there each time. Running back makes a bit more sense I guess... but I'd rather suspend reality (and save time) and be popped back to the camp. Die in LDoN with no rez, then sure you get a nice recovery run --seems like a fair risk/reward/bother to me.
  11. Machentoo Augur

It is pretty poor xp relative to other alternatives currently.

Also, I am guessing most people who thought it was great back when it was first released didn't have access to places like plane of fire. LDoN was easy exp, but it wasn't great exp.
    snailish likes this.
  12. malaki Augur

LDoN xp has always been pretty bad. Points is rarely an issue, but having the raids count as a win or 2 would have been nice.
  13. Ryak Augur

LDoN exp is poor, but it adds up after doing 360 of them! You will probably max out your AAs before your charm if you do.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Eh, you'd think so, but... If you are doing easies in era, you get less than an aa per, so you're talking like 250 or 300 total aa's at most. Still well short of the pop total if that's all you're doing.
  15. Ryak Augur

Well i'm assuming if you're the kind of person maxing your charm, you got at least some AAs in PoP. You are absolutely right that you certainly can't take a freshly dinged 65 and max their aas in 360 ldons.
  16. snailish Augur

Thanks for the responses to the XP question.

Would it make sense to boost the ZEM in LDoNs, or does that create issues down the line?

We've seen EQ players willingly play something that isn't there content preference when it is a top (or the top) XP option... fairy-mission-quest era is possibly the worst example of this. Progression players mostly adopt the Sebilis-Velk's-Grieg's (i.e. limited # of zones used heavily) mentality --which is perhaps a different issue for consideration at some point.

LDoN should probably sit in a preferred pocket though (in the Agnarr context) without being superior to all sort of content after it. LDoN's are more fun when population wants to do them and you aren't spending more time forming groups vs. running the missions.
  17. Ryak Augur

There's a double edged sword with LDoNs. They are so easy that unless you are a perfectionist, you don't have to waste much time forming groups because you can practically take any random 6 lfg people and make a group capable of beating them.

The other edge of that sword is that it's boring as heck because it's too easy. Hard missions are too easy and normal missions are fall-over laughable easy. I think a wizard in my guild soloed one in era, to give you an idea. And that's why nobody wants to do them.

It's the same problem as Paw, except people actually do Paw because it's unbalancedly rewarding (fairy-mission style)