LDoN and Ykesha unlocks "selo's"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ShivanAngel, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Risiko Augur

It's kind of comical actually.

The Selo server is advertised as ultra casual, and having 1 month for LoY and 1 month for LDoN would tend to be more casual (granted 2 moths would be ultra casual) as it gives casual gamers more time to consume the content.

The comical part is that the hardcore crowd has adopted the Selo server as their "race server", and 1 month for both LoY and LDoN goes completely against that idea.

So, now you will have the casual gamers wanting the "casual" server to stay with a more relaxed unlock schedule while the hardcore gamers that have claimed the server as their playground will want both LoY and LDoN unlock schedules accelerated. LOL.

I don't envy the person at DBG that has to make that call.

Do you anger the casuals that might stay on the server through to it reaching Live and purchase current expansions, or do you anger the hardcores that will be racing on the server for at least the first half year until they hit the more complex raid content, wow classic opens, or some other thing grabs their interest?

No matter what choice they make, some group of people are going to be mad. Have fun with that.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Iyacc Augur

For those looking at "3 months of PoP(if you include LDoN and LoY) is too long.....

look at it like, we've got a couple extra weeks for Luclin farm at the beginning of PoP release.

I know this doesn't fit the ultra competitive racers but hey, that's not me anyway - at least not this content at this time.

Take your time, enjoy the first few months and then be ready for the whirlwind that starts with GoD.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd hope Daybreak stick to their plan and keep it at 1 expansion a month. :)
    I could live with longer expansion release timers but not releasing 2 or 3 expansions at the same time with the same timeframe as other single expansions.

I have some great memories of grouping in both LoY and LDoN.

Roll on next week when we find out what they decide for each server, getting impatient and want to start making plans. LOL :)
  4. Polekn Augur

They should not make PoP unlock any longer than other eras. On a fast unlock server those who want fast unlocks will get bored and quit in PoP. People who want slower unlocks may be fine in PoP, but they'll quit in GoD/OOW when unlock is back to it's normal timer.
    If they make a server with 6 months unlock, does it mean they get 1.5 years of PoP?
  5. TheRedBandit Elder

I want it to be a lock for each expansion, otherwise it truly will be too fast for non hardcores. Maybe bump it to 6 weeks.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Barathrum Augur

Don't forget to remove flagging for POR !!
  7. Ceffener Augur

They are ultra casual racers remember.

Best arguement I see is LoY wasn’t an expansion, per SoE it was an extension. LDON should have its full amount of time though.