Launchpad error (1-0)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LeGIt8OPs, Aug 26, 2014.

1. LeGIt8OPs New Member

I get this error when I try to play Everquest: LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance. (1-0)

I have tried asking the soe team for help, but they always say the same things about my firewall or my antivirus software is blocking the game. I have checked both and neither is blocking it. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the error. By the way i'm running it on Windows 7.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

Need more information.

Is your connection via a home service or school service? ISP?

3. LeGIt8OPs New Member

Yes my connection is a home service and isp is Verizon.

I have attempted to do everything on that list multiple times over and i cant seem to find whats blocking it or what is wrong.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

Lets start from the beginning.

Has EQ actually been run successfully on this computer?

Post dxdiag info. Windows Key + R, type in dxdiag, save file, post the top part to just past the sound card entries.

Brand and model of modem and router if applicable.
  5. Hakatri New Member

Hey folks - My solution today - I was getting the same error "A connection to the server could not be reached (etc.)". I've been using the same machine to play for over a year now, this just started when trying to log in yesterday (Wednesday) , I was online playing fine on Tuesday.
    I tried all of the above as well and nothing.
    I started typing this out and thought to myself "nothing has changed since Monday system-wise, at all...right?...." No - there was an 'outage' (ok ok I forgot to pay my cable bill!) Wednesday morning...I paid the bill immediately...when I got home I was online...but EQ still did not work.
    After a recycle of the modem/router I was back on EQ.

If this solution doesn't help and you're working with a machine that was previously on EQ, I still always say, ask yourself, what has changed...
  6. LeGIt8OPs New Member

EQ has never ran of successfully ran of this computer, i don't think the specs of it are not high enough/

I think this is all you wanted to see of the dxdiag:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 1) & Direct3D (stage 3) & DirectInput (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab:

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0416&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_06
    Display Memory: 4038 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: LGD0357
    Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.015Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0010.3071 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.10.3071
    DDI Version:
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/20/2013 03:31:46, 8647680 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4756-11CF-4C7C-A725BBC2C435}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x11E1
    SubSys ID: 0x05AA1028
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem124.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iHSWM0:9.18.10.3071:pci\ven_8086&dev_0416
    Rank Of Driver: 00E02001
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    D3D9 Overlay: Supported
    DXVA-HD: Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Not Available
    AGP Status: Enabled

And my modem brand and model: Actiontec - MI424WR Rev F (Verizon Firmware)
  7. TSR-AlexS Augur

Intel hd graphics cards are unfortunately not supported to play this game. Please be sure to read the knowledge base below with more information about what specs are needed to play:

Answer Title: [EQ] System Requirements for EverQuest
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16806
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That's not quite correct. Intel HD graphics these days are much better than an Nvidia 4800 or even 6800. It depends on how recent they are & also you should make sure your chipset drivers are up to date along with all Windows updates that aren't language stuff. For comparison's sake here is what an Intel hd 4000 series integrated chip is similar to

Discrete: 6800 Ultra, 7600 GT, 7800 GS, 8600 GS, 8600 GT (GDDR3), 9500 GT (DDR2)
    Go (mobile): 7800 GTX, 7900 GTX Discrete: X800 XT (& PE), X850 XT (& PE), X1650 XT, X1800 GTO, HD 2600 XT, HD 3650 (DDR3), HD 3670
    Mobility: X1900, 3670
    Integrated: 6520G, 6530D, 7480D Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

In fact people still use old systems to play EQ & even WoW.
  10. Brosa Augur

This happened to me the first time I tried to launch after the last patch. I had to go into the game file and run the launch pad as administrator. It would not work on the shortcut on my desktop. After that it worked just fine.
  11. LeGIt8OPs New Member

I wish i could play, i tried that buy my Alienware cant connect. I'm going to try to run the game on my mac book pro 2011 to see if it isn't as powerful or what ever this issue is. Sony should fix there sh**
  12. LeGIt8OPs New Member

we
    Well my mac cant run it with its windows program so i dont know whats next to attempt to fix this junk.
  13. Sarkaukar Augur

Repost your dxdiag but allow it to finish getting all the info before saving it.. several key components missing...

The game will run on the CPU's GPU if you do not have a dedicated video card.
  14. Sarkaukar Augur

And with the recent Windows up fubar, you may try to do a rollback to a previous recent point...
  15. Set777 New Member

16. Set777 New Member

how do I fix this ? I applied changes to my /etc/host file as suggested on some solutions to this problem but no go ....
  17. Wayylon Augur

I'm getting a Launchpad error on one of my 4 accounts, all on the same computer but only one is getting the error.
  18. Milfurd Augur

I just had the same problem. It's on Sony's side. It's not your PC with the problem. Just logged fine
  19. Milfurd Augur

Logged in 1 account. Having the ol NBE-1013 error on other accounts