LaunchPad crashes, possibly due to missing moddat.ini

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Smyrt, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Smyrt New Member

LaunchPad is crashing while trying to update, leaving one LaunchPad.exe and two GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe processes running.

The last entry in .DownloadInfo.txt is:

**** Starting at Mon Sep 23 09:06:05 2019 with plug-in 1.0.3.195 ****
    1b34-00:00:00:Checking game installation...
    1b34-00:00:00:Found 30 file(s) to update.
    11c8-00:00:00:Replacing RenderEffects/SPL/RegionIce.fxo
    17b8-00:00:00:Creating Resources/moddat.ini
    0560-00:00:00: Patching eqgame.exe
    17b8-00:00:44:*Warning: Retrying Resources/moddat.ini

There is no Resources/moddat.ini file.
  2. Derijh New Member

I'm getting an Error: Unable to download SoketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch error everytime I try to launch the game. Wonder if this is from the same thing. I read a forum post from last year where a similar error (11002) was causing the effects and it had to be resolved on Daybreaks side.

Tried everything I could think of on my end - including uninstall/re-install but can't get past the error above.
  3. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

I did a complete uninstall. delete directory. reboot machine. run reinstall... the launchpad hangs at 3M of downloads... there's an issue with the launchpad, no matter how DBG may try to deny that obvious, elementary fact. I was on this morning for 10 min. had to log out, and upon return... trying to log in resulted in launchpad failure, which is why i went the extreme route of a complete reinstall... it's no player-side error. I've also rebooted both modem and router, so no one bother trying to blame that either.

I've also tried both Live and Test to see if it made a difference. it did not. results are the same.
  4. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

So you know, this same exact issue is happening to the EQ2 players as well. this is a DBG issue, not player. Players are on the EQ2 forums with same complaints. For S&G's, i launched my EQ2, which i've not played since Dec... it stalled after only 110m of downloads.
  5. Elronds New Member

I am having the same issue even tried to hotspot on my phone and would only download a few files then start saying *warning: retrying "file name". Switch back to regular wifi would download a few files and do the same thing.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

devs are saying to just do the patcher bypass - see notes in bug forums
  7. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

doesn't work. that's just fog from the devs to get people to go away
  8. Lycan New Member

ya iam getting the same thing and I just bought the game lol returning player and I cant install patch or anything