Launch the truebox server now and aradune later?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Korea numbah3 Elder

My bad, I thought rule sets and they were plural
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Can we standardize the nomenclature of "non truebox?" How about "open box."
  3. Fraggly Augur

I prefer to call it a Standard TLP Server + AoC/picks. Normal or Regular would be good too. :)
    Aenu Holysight and Foaming like this.
  4. Ephron New Member

As a Sys Ad I can tell you that launching a new server with a pre-existing rule set should a very straight forward task if they have the physical or cloud resources available. I would expect they are running a virtualized environment and deploying a new server in vcenter should be easy and doable remotely.

Maybe its a money issue as AWS/Azure are not necessarily super cheap at an enterprise level; even the OS licensing gets expensive if you have a limited budget.

Anyway it goes though this has to got to be the single best time to launch a server. They are going to take too long and people will start play WoW-Classic or New World or (insert some other MMO that they like).

and tangent; why do we always start TLPs in classic? I want a Kunark or Velious TLP so I can level up in a different set of zones. There's so much wasted content in Kunark because you get off the boat at 50 and in Velious you get off the boat at 60. You skip like 80% of the expansions content. Can we get a TLP where Classic + Kunark and Velious zones level 1-40 are open? That's the server I want!

-Ephron
  5. Dexxeaa00 Elder

My opinion is this company has a set schedule. Changing one thing in the schedule means you'll have to re arrange other things you have scheduled.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  6. Vicus Augur

I believe this as well. I believe they have to submit their plan to Daybreak games for approval every quarter/semi annually. Have to resubmit to make adjustment/changes. Which makes sense as Jason Epstein deals with a lot of Russian based investors and their style of leadership. Ultimately this business model is not adaptable and will fail.

Imagine if you went to the doctor for a cough but while you were there you went into cardiac arrest, and the doctor wanted to help relieve your cough first.

Overseer, Server mergers, TLP's. With the virus hit the consumer market changed for DPG, an influx of people at home = best time to release a new TLP for purposes of making money. Server merges while important and something we want (in general), does not increase your cash flow. Can't tell me that many other MMO companies with investors couldn't change course at the drop of a dime if it meant cashing in on a sure investment. This leads me to believe DPG is not allowed or don't feel like sending up a request to ask for permission.
  7. Dilf Augur

I really doubt another truebox server would kill Mangler, unless there's some guarantee that it will not crash more than 50 times a week. FV trade rules and exp are out of the question, so there's no rush to go there other than to krono farm the same old stuff.

The box server will definitely kill the Ragefire/Lockjaw merge. I know there are many people waiting to come back with their 12-48 boxes to make each other miserable with their legitimate software tools.
    Mithra likes this.
  8. Sniggz Elder

Luanching the new TLP servers while millions and millions of people (really billions world wide) are stuck at home and looking for entertainment would make way too much sense and lead to large profits. So of course they'll wait until mid-June once everybody is back to work and looking forward to spending time outside as summer starts.

To be fair though, I'm sure they want to get the technical issues they're having right now corrected before they launch a new batch of servers. That part definitely makes sense. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer.

Been playing FF11 (first time ever and loving it) on the Eden server while waiting for Aradune myself.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

4/10 - " Rizlona will also share the Mangler rule set and be our first boxing progression server in a long time. More specific rule sets and how they will function differently than the current TLPs will be shared "

This is not a finalization message and we're still waiting to hear the specifics. Dreamweaver also stated, 'we are not ready and when we are we will let you know' in multiple threads.
    Skuz, code-zero and Dilf like this.
  10. Beep Elder

I bet they are waking up and seeing this post, all of their minds are blown by this brilliant suggestion!
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Court Elder

I imagine they will wait until the Free To Play period begins to end before they roll out the new server details. Free To Play to get old players re-hooked, and then a new server to reel their wallets in.
  12. Vicus Augur

Would be a better tactic to launch two new servers and 10 days later allow the free to play players to play on TLP's for a month (do not give any advance warning). This way the people who wanted to play on the TLP's and were willing to pay would. Doesn't decrease the surge money. Also gives people who pay the advantage of starting 10 days early so they can't complain when FTP accounts get to try to new servers.

10 days later allow FTP people join the two new servers (or older TLP's). Many if not most of the FTP players will play on Aradune or Rizlona while it's free. Once the FTP bonus ends, those people would have to make a choice, leave their new friends and their character or resub. The amount that re-subbed would be drastically more then on the current TLP servers where they are already behind playing catch up. (Run a sale on bags also during this time, so if any FTP players purchase bags on their characters they would be less likely to abandon them right away.
  13. Court Elder

I imagine the people who had started or renewed a subscription just for the new TLPs would handle that strategy well and wouldn’t demand a refund for their month.
  14. NinjutsuMMO Augur

What server promotes boxing ? Rizlona or aradune ?

Aradune liked classic eq most and boxing is far from classic, seems like a insult to his memory to make a rule set far from his vision of working together to label a boxing server after him (shrug)
  15. Iove Elder

Maybe I wrong and some free-to-players will stay and make some profit for DPG, but 90% of them will leave to new server or other game as soon as free period end. But if them will join new TLP later them will subscribe anyway, so this 2 week "free-to-play to TLP" give to DPG nothing but big load on current servers for free.

Maybe better was launch new servers already - same load on servers (same numbers of players, and not free-to-play) but for big money on bags/exp pots/kronos etc?

I see only one solution - open new servers NOW and make them preferred with subscribe only, all other TLP will continue free-to-play action till 9 may, but not the new servers.

All older TLP servers usually drop population after new servers launch, but this action as free-to-play players can continue to play on Mangler allow population not drop as much as always?
  16. Mithra Augur

There's going to be so many characters made on the box server they should make 2.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be hosting their own raids.
  18. jeskola pheerie

It already happens on Mangler...
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just a warm up for the no box server where krono will flow like Tumpy Tonics in 2000.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

That's pretty crazy!

Do you know how far they get in-era??