Lateral content expansion TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Nov 15, 2021.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

I think befallen is almost all right angles. If you tell me they dont have a tool to place a square wall, then resize it easily by dragging the edge like in windows, id be very surprised.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What does how you think a zone looks have anything to do with how long it takes to create a new zone from scratch with a similar design?
  3. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Deduction i suppose. They have alot of doodads to make, like a wood plank, a spider web, maybe a jack o lantern, and so on, but the actual design is pretty simplistic in classic, a square hallway there, a rectangular room there, its not super difficult, its essentially building in minecraft with unlimited resources.
  4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

When LoY came out, it was currant. LDON continued the level 65 max. GMM was max level when it came out. It was left in the game due to complaints about TBL other than 1 zone, it was all locked behind progression. Even to this day, when I go to the TBL for a change of pace, it's still as dead as a ghost town. So GMM was an important add in, just to keep people interested in the game.

All these add-on zones had about a 2 year life or so. Now with a TLP, it's all ancient zones that are over 20 years old or so. How much life would an add-on zone have? A few weeks maybe? Agnarr is the lone exception. If you made the add-on a level 65 zone, it could be played endlessly on that server. But I'll let the Agnarr players decide if they would want such a zone, since I have no bone in this fight.

Comparing SoE to Daybreak (EG 7) and what they may do or not isn't really a fair comparison. SoE has extremely deep pockets and could hire a large team of Devs. There could be an endless amount of projects to work on. With Daybreak, the Dev team as far as we know, is quite small. They seem more focused on just keeping this old dilapidated game going and working on the next coming expansion.

With the new ownership (EG 7), we shall see what direction we go in. 64 bit is a good start. Don't get me wrong though. As long as we get new expansions if there's a low level add-on it could be a good thing. If it helps EQ last, there's nothing wrong with creating a few add-on zones. I just don't see low level zones being created though. Maybe a max level zone like GMM if the we have another everything is behind progression again, like TBL.
  5. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Im suggesting adding more than just a zone, classic lore quests for a ton of mobs. For instance a undead slaying quest for paladins that has you travel to most zones to kill skeletons and zombies, caster quests that have you kill elementals all over norrath. Also Lore NPCs that just explain a bunch of hidden lore that wasnt there like the dervish etc.

Also 2 or 3 new dungeons for every dungeon level in the game. Like 3 new dungeons for crushbone/blackburrow/befallen bracket etc all the way up to the planes. Addition of pipes for smoking that may or may not increase stats / alter perception in game, like see other PC's as pixies and so on.

Also a horse and carriage system that will take you from different home towns/hubs in game at a faster rate than sow but that wont be so fast it undercut druid and wiz ports.

Thats just the beginning theres so much that can be added to classic/kunark/velious/luclin.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just because something can be done doesn't always mean it should.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fun fact: ID Software's level designers could make one level per day for Wolfenstein3D.
    Unfun fact: Most of those levels sucked... :p

Rushing at dungeon-design is a bad idea, seriously!
  8. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Right one level a day for the very first 3D game in the 90s, but to design and make a level in 90s style with 2021 technology probably can be done on the toilet. No joke you can build an entire city in minecraft mobile in like 2 hours. Really it only comes down to doodads like torches etc to add around and textures.
  9. Machen New Member

You should just do it then. I'm sure if you create a bunch of new content for EQ on your toilet, someone will snatch it up.
  10. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Ok my first order of business is to take that breath effect that your characters get sometimes in everfrost and move it to every characters butt and have it go off randomly.