Last minute enchanter question.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Hinastorm86 Augur

Hello.

I love charming, and how much dps/power it gives you. I also like the fact that its a high risk/reward thing.

For now, i'm planning on just 1 boxing on phinny, and trying to decide between chanter and necro. Necros can charm too, of course, but their charm targets are pretty heavily limited in comparison.

Enchanters have alot more charm options, but being solo, i'm worried about when I lose hp. Eventually, espicially early on, spells will get resisted, charms will break, and you'll be taking hits. I'm aware of runes, but on a string of resists, they will be getting eaten through.

Everytime I take a few hits and get down to 50%ish hp, I just have to sit there for god knows how long to regen hp? that sounds terrible tbh.

I'm not really worried about the skill cap, I will be able to limit these things, but when it does happen, I dont want 10 minutes of downtime. So, necro just feels like a safer bet to avoid excessive downtime.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  2. Banai Augur

Um what you are talking about is the part you 'love'. The high risk/reward. If you play well you won't run into those things. If you mess up it will cost you time. That is exactly what you described yourself wanting.

As for necros, their charm is usually pretty bad. Very rarely will a necro prefer to charm kite rather than root rot or fear kite. So if you are only wanting to charm then your options are chanter/bard with chanter winning that battle hands down
  3. Kywen Augur

Enchanter!!
  4. Moranis Augur

If you are charm fighting with a chanter you should rarely be taking damage...and if you go to 50% USE BIND WOUND. It's actually really helpful.

Also, don't be cheap, spring the 50pp for a stack of jaspers and rune yourself to death.
  5. Cakes New Member

Can only speak on my experiences from P99, but playing smart will ensure the HP won't be a problem. You mentioned rune, which is the number 1 choice. Troll illusion gives you regen, so that helps in the HP department as well.

When you sick your pet on a mob, make sure you root said mob. If your pet breaks, you should be far enough away to re-charm without taking damage. Once I got mana regen my downtime was very limited, but the HP can be an issue. I'm one to pull with low health and take a gamble.

Last thing I would say is make sure you have your pet "guard here" and then move away from your pet so you can react if youre medding and charm breaks.
  6. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Find a buddy that can heal :)
  7. Hinastorm86 Augur

Hmm did bind wound get buffed over the years? last time I played a looong time ago, it was pretty useless.
  8. Banai Augur

It is pretty useless. Until you actually get skill in it then it's very helpful for a non healer
  9. spacetrig New Member

if you are soloing, then you need to basically not get hit ...

you use Rune spells, and/or Rampage/Berserker Strength line of spells (free Rune + str buff, but less dmg absorb)

and keep your distance from the mob, use levitate (air illusion) and Jboots / Spirit of Wolf

if you get hit, and it eats through your rune then yes you'll have lots of downtime to bandage up / regen up

don't get hit, or group with a healer