Languages in chat (suggestion)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koredan, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Koredan New Member

I don't know where there would be a good place to put suggestions, so I'm putting it here. But basically my suggestion is to add a short text in your outgoing messages in what language you're attempting to speak in. There have been multiple times where I was talking to someone and they don't understand me because I was set to a different language. I forget about this setting after using it and end up talking in another language without even realizing I'm doing so.

I would expect something like "You tell SoandSo (Barbarian)," And it would be nice to have this extended to tell windows as that is abbreviated, so: "You (Barbarian):"
    Fanra likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nice suggestion

Its so easy to learn all the languages by speaking in them in group chat to your merc over and over (hot key a sentence for ease) that I really fail to understand why others are not 100 at all of them. (except for that one)

Guess its apathy, or they were in such a rush to level 120 that they overlooked that part of the game
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Not trying to derail, but it would be great if we could learn the Akevan language so we could understand the gibberish they are saying :p
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Are we sure we want to know?
  6. Angahran Augur

good point :p
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Probably the same as maxing Orc in Gmm and there talking smack to you lol. But was kinda cool actually understanding them.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They would have to actually create things that they are actually saying then, and have it translate.