lagging on wizard but not on bard

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by svann, Jul 23, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Bard is my main and has been doing griklor raids since day 1 and never had an issue with lag. Now I start doing griklor with my alt wizard and Im getting total ridiculous lag two weeks in a row. Is there something about wizard, or just bad luck? Is there anything I can look at to reduce it? Should I turn off some "others" filters in options? Reboot before raid?

I dont have any minimized windows. I dont see all that many more wizard gina triggers, though there are a few more wizard than bard.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

running off same eqclient.ini?

Draw distance same? You can open GINA and click Performance tab to see if anything is using a lot of CPU resources.

I have run into this in the past and almost every time it's some obscure graphics or display setting I've overlooked. It's frustrating as all get out. Good luck!
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I notice on the same PC, the eqgame.exe (set affinity) in 'Task Manager' shows 1 core used on the second account, but first account is all cores used.

hope that helps.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Spell particles? Do you have your spam windows setup the same for reporting damage?
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

Disable Journal Alt J. Records every NPC emote and the files can get quit large. Then this is compounded by antivirus program having the scan that file each time it is opened/closed after each NPC emote.

On newer accounts that is disabled by default few years ago iirc, but prior to that it was on by default. New EQ installations for old accounts would not change the setting to off if it is already on.

Veteran_BetaTester, you may wish to check your eqclient for CPUAffinity lines and make sure all are set to = -1. Each active EQ session running at the same time generates its own CPUAffinity line unless a user has added additional lines previously or updated the additional lines EQ added each time another gaming session is started with existing sessions still running.. User will want to make sure any non-altered lines are updated or removed. If left in and further down the EQclient list, EQ will use the last command it receives.

User enters CPUAffinity0= -1 near beginning of eqclient but there is another line CPUAffinity0= 0, 1st EQ session will only run on the 1st core since that command is further down the list, the last command received for CPUAffinity.

4-core CPU while running max 4 sessions.

CPUAffinity0= -1
    CPUAffinity1= -1
    CPUAffinity2= -1
    CPUAffinity3= -1

8-core CPU with intention of running max 8 sessions.
    CPUAffinity0= -1
    CPUAffinity1= -1
    CPUAffinity2= -1
    CPUAffinity3= -1
    CPUAffinity4= -1
    CPUAffinity5= -1
    CPUAffinity6= -1
    CPUAffinity7= -1