Lag upon mobs death.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I would have your e-babies for this reply.
  2. Angahran Augur

I heard somewhere that EQ doesn't keep the logfile open, it opens it, writes, then closes it.
    Could this be causing the recent issues with more and more being written it's getting backlogged ?

Would it be possible to tweak it to keep the file open and just write ?
  3. gladiatoreq Elder

There is significant lag that coincides with NPC death or potentially loot being added to the loot window. The lag disappears when logs are turned off.

I'm also getting mid-encounter lag (with logs enabled) that is requiring more PC resources since the new spellcast update. We shouldn't have to force our logs to write less regularly using /loginterval 5.

Finally, the text in the new spellcast messages is just an eye-sore. It's one thing to hyperlink a spell, but let's avoid the bright pink text. There is an enormous volume of spells cast during raids, it's incredibly distracting.
  4. Tappin Augur

The only time I have had any real issues is during raids. Even without any antivirus software running, it is still a problem when mobs die. Are you guys looking into this?
  5. Duder Augur

This has always been an issue, if you ever swarmed like a zillion old mobs, you notice when that loot window starts getting stuff added to it, even minimized, it creates quick the grind. However, this becoming and issue with single mobs is the new problem, I did the file exception and it seemed to solved 95% of it, but what changed?
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Creating an exception in windows defender for logfile directory fixed issue for me.

TBH windoz can die in a fire.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

Raided GMM, did the Defender fix and not a stitch of death lag at all or lag elsewhere otherwise. nuff said
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.