Lag Pile Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cuuthbert, May 20, 2020.

1. Cuuthbert Augur

This was not my original Idea: But the lag pile is insidious and causes morbid lag. A guildie came up with the idea of maybe moving Teek over to that NW corner away from the port in/zone in area where there is no real quest NPC or tradeskill NPC.

Not sure if this would actually fix anything but I do believe zoning in from the Guild Lobby or porting in from a druid/wizard and not having to be in the middle 200 toons less painful to travel through POK.

Which begs the next question would the lag pile even move
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Better to move the location of the buff pile. We have it beind the big bank on Xegony. Allayna of MS suggested the spot and it works out much better.
    Cuuthbert likes this.
  3. Yimin Augur

Guild Lobby !

YiMin
    lockjaws likes this.
  4. Cuuthbert Augur

Guild lobby is to small and actually want to get through it in a timely manner sometimes
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. lockjaws Augur

Xegony history - it used to be in front of the Nexus stone. ;)
  6. Yimin Augur

On about 90 percent of server its the lobby , its not to small at all ! POK should be lag free ! if you pile behind the thrown in the guild lobby you can go up the side to Guild hall doors on both sides ....

YiMin
    lockjaws likes this.
  7. Cuuthbert Augur

Well Corwyhn the hope of moving Teek would be that those who use hot zones would be more likely to agree to moving the lag pile. Moving Teek would just be an enticement for the pile to move.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. Password1234 Augur

Moving its location only helps with some aspects of lag, though. I've been working on tradeskills the last few weeks, and while I am very thankful that Lions have taken the initiative in moving the buffs away from the guild lobby zone in on Xegony (so people can actually zone in), having a mass of people still lags out things like vendors and tradeskill combines on the other side of the zone. The "make all" button functions very poorly in PoK, to the point where I started going to the guild hall to do my tradeskill stuff.
  9. Shadowreaper New Member

IMO The guild lobby is a horrid place to move the lag pile from the Plane of Knowledge. It was suggest on the server I am is to move it to the Nexus itself. There you will have spot not commonly traveled unlike the Guild Lobby or PoK. It also leave you with w\quick access to PoK and than wherever you need to get to.
  10. Cuuthbert Augur

My question then is Yimin, if you pile behind the thrown and I use throne of heroes, there will not be insidious lag coming into the Guild lobby? I would bet that white rendering would be just as insidious
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I hate doing combines in pok and hit make all and it does like 1-10 random then stops so I gotta go to my neighborhood so I can do a few k combines with no stopping. the stopping is annoying and when I port in pok there is so many people just standing around doing absolutely nothing need a hide all pc.

Andarriel
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

/hidemodels all
    /thread
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Cuuthbert Augur

Yes Password1234, I agree, and I end up doing a ton of TS in the GGH. Would be nice to be able to purchase TS vendors for the GGH.
  14. Jennre Band Leader

The nexus will allow your buffs to fade.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

Will have to remember to start using that /hidemodels all, should be a good work around did not even think about that thank you Xyroff
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm, lets see - lag pile in lobby right where you zone in from the guild hall next to Magus so I step outside the lobby and encounter another lag pile at the druid/wizzy port area next to the doors I just came out of so I take a few steps away and encounter another lag pile up against the big tree by Teek. So I headed to the baz and went past the Big Bank where there was yet again a lag pile right between the lady who gives you a lift and the other one that is for the quest on the back of the bank.

Maybe its just overpopulation? To have 4 or more lag piles going on isn't going to be resolved by moving anything.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Lag pile? We have no such thing on Vox.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  18. Yimin Augur

Hey any zone where people gather for buffs will get some lag but when I use TOH I get very little lag if any on my server , also the lobby has no one doing Trade skills , so those numbers wont be added to lobby lag , also with the pile in POK Auto trade skills does not work proper at all .

YiMin
  19. seber Augur

I just don't used POK just don't see any used for zone
  20. Cuuthbert Augur

Ok, maybe I worded this incorrectly in the beginning. The idea to find a good place for the buff/lag pile that was not oppressive to zoning through an area. Currently on Bristlebane it right in front of the Guild Lobby entrance in POK right next to Teek. From what I understand many players liked it there because they utilize the HOT zones to level up especially for the casual player. Most of whom do not have have a lot of access to other guildmates or toons that can buff.

The intention was to find a place that people could get buffs and be happy with where they are and ease the pain of zoning. My suggestion was thus:
    1. Lag pile could move just northwest of the Nexus entrance, there are no real quest npc's, Vendor NPC's or zone stones in that area.
    2. Find an enticement for players to accept the move which I thought maybe moving Teek who give the HOT Zone quests, an enticement for people to move to the north west area still get their buffs and alleviate some of the lag.

My thought was that it was in an area that is not really used by anyone, and is not so far out of the way that people would feel they had to do to much to get to where they want to go.

My belief is there are ton of players that just stay logged in after their hot zones because they do not want to waste time logging in and out. I believe that the people of the lag pile don't want to be move to some obscure zone that creates more zoning. So I thought this would be a happy medium that would help some