Lag,Lag,Lag

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kammo, Aug 23, 2014.

1. kammo Journeyman

Here we go the game has gotten so dramaticaly laggy im just ready to drop this game seems to me every time after a patch,update etc this happens now after the dns problem whatever it was my comp has been running like total crap game and other stuff before hand was perfectly fine now its a mess,for someone like me who is not computer smart i can go and start fixing things cause i do not know what im doin and prolly will mess other things up,so what does a person like me do to fix this so many times in past they had me remove certain files then start game up to ge tthem back remove game,ive done this so many times and it seems im doin more now lately is there something that neeeds be done after every patch,update,maintence etc,because it got to point game aint even fun anymore im tryin fix it more then play,ive sent sony my dxdiag file and the other dont remember name atm,and it seems once i zone into pok comp is even worse for remander i keep character logged on that lag pile there by guild lobby is so utterly ridicolous with lag its dumb pok is most visited zone and people put lagpiule right at door which screws me up every time i have to relog after i do what i do there.So is there something i should do after each patch,update,maintence etc whatever there called like a daily routine in order to keep this from happening ,or do i just remove game and redownload every single time to keep it running correct which is horrible,can we see what we can do here i could use some help here
  2. complexication Kassina

I haven't experienced any lag since patch, so I can only assume that it is your internet or computer being the crock of crap. Honestly, the last time I had lag that bad it was when I attempted to run Everquest without a graphics card in my PC.

So here's some tips:
    Turn your spell/player/enviro effects to OFF.
    Turn on 'hide afk players' in non-combat zones.

That will kill the "lag pile" in guild lobby and right outside the entrance in POK.

It is not Sony's fault that your computer cannot run a game, I'd suggest since you have no computer knowledge what-so-ever, that you take it to someone who does and see if they can help.
  3. Stephen51 Augur

Im on Xegony at the moment, and have massive lag, as to others in game at the moment. Its not my internet. Those who have tried to log out have failed to return too. Would imagine the log in server is also down. The Universal chat service went down earlier also.
  4. NoMercy New Member

Bertox here, raid formed, raid then tried to take on Xulous Prime, raid wiped due to massive lag, raid tried to reform, took 20 minutes to zone back to dead hills after rezz.
    yep they screwed something pretty badly today !!
  5. Sinzz Augur

lag was terrible thing is it shows a good connection but then char stops responding .
  6. lefous Elder

lag is terrible today wtf is going on?
  7. PicoTB New Member

It's probably another denial of service attack against Sony, same as last night. It is taking about 5 minutes to log in to the game, and often fails completely. These boards are slow to load and log in. Other sites seem fine, but anything Sony related is painful.

Let's hope things get resolved soon.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Serious lack of responsiveness on Bristlebane today. Zoning takes a couple minutes or more. Right-click a merchant, wait 30 seconds for the window to appear. Attempt to open a trade window with another player, wait 30 seconds for the window to appear. Right-click to consume a collectible, wait 30 seconds for messaging to appear. Wish the server would hurry up and crash already. Its not safe to venture out into the wild like this.
  9. Sinzz Augur

yeah im thinking they just need a restart and chase down whatever kid found a ddos and decided to play with it and openly hang the lil b!
  10. Xanadas Augur

11. lumin Elder

Im not sure what happened, but suddenly the lag seems to be fixed.
  12. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Sigh... Get's so old seeing folks trying to tell others to turn off spell effects and disable all video graphics because what worked yesterday, does not anymore.

Its Sony's issue, don't strip your toon's and disable graphics, let's just ask them what's going on, and see if an answer follows. If the day before everything ran smooth and today it doesn't, chances are it isn't your pc or your connection. Let's think sensibly.
  13. Ayoheee Augur

Yo sony put another quarter in
  14. TSR-AlexS Augur